🔧 BUILD remember the twin engine olds?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i bet it would....if we were competing fairly :s00ls:

been doing some work...

cut off the dogbone/tq link arm and machined away a good bit of iron from the SC tensioner bracket. cleaned up quite well..... sand blasted it then hit it with vht epoxy paint

we dont need the mount for the rear engine but it still gives us the must more rigid sc tensioner setup...

prob coulda went with the lighter g/h body stuff but i dont like how much they can flex/bounce

i also got around to grinding off the casting marks on the F body neck and sand blasted it and the coolant neck

we're gonna toss the W body neck and run the F body one...with the overdrive crank pulley it doesnt require a spacer to clear and it works with our oil cooler

i still have to remove the filter bypass and plug it off but i seem to have misplaced my 3/8ths npt tap :rollpicard:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
finished porting and modifying the F body oil filter neck.
mostly just passage cleanup, some outer casting cleanup (make it look nicer) and the filter bypass deleted.

as you can see it clears the OD SFI dampener without the spacer plate

also started with the cyl 4 crank scraper...dug my jig out of the backyard bin....and by jig i mean block skirt that i cut off a junk motor lol

its kinda blurry but you can make out the modified windage tray openings...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well Al and I got some more shit done...didnt finish the heads but we did finish the pan modz n button up the bottom end.

advanced down the block had the Specter/SPI pan in stock 65$ out the door part number GMP11B

single layer steel :fy: :james:

welded in the cyl 4 scraper and since our primary oil return is via the timing area i dented and folded the front nose for a more direct path below the windage tray and down into the pan.

one nice thing is this pan would make it easy to fab a large volume pan.

130$ and weld the bottom onto the other with a simple extension on the pickup tube...thinkin about it. definitely getting another one for the TR....if any car needs it the flaming turd does...

here you can see the drainback and the scraper with the jig installed.
IMG_1037_zpsa0c1562b.jpg

the Timing oil drain path and chain scraper through the windage tray opening
IMG_1042_zps33023f02.jpg

you can see the longer tray slots actually open across both rods and most of the counterweights. sealed the shit outta it and screwed it down....
IMG_1043_zpsfb9d41eb.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
finished up everything yesterday while helping Al move stuffs to new storage unit in prep for him getting a nice garage with a house nearby....

runs great, cheap power cable is screwing us from bat to junction block so we gotta fix it before we drive it. needs to be drained and new fuel installed...fucker started up on varnish...:fy:

i gotta find that misfire :mamoru:

yup it has insurance and tags and it drove about 4ft :s00ls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHBomw-Hmjo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info