Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
Check these out
diamondaudio.com
imagedynamicsusa.com
ficaraudio.com
stereointegrity.com
reaudio.com

I had a Type R and those can take a beating. They love ported and vented boxes. Of course you have to get a good box for them, the ones sold at the retailers like the q logic ported boxes are crap. They are tuned high, they sound alright for rap songs, not so much for anything else. I made my box and it was tuned at 31hz and it hit the lows no problem.

JL Audio makes some good stuff but they're overpriced IMO.

I've heard of all the stuff you guys are talking about, but most of it is way too expensive for me to afford right now. JL, forget about it, I will never buy a JL product. Two of my buddies have JL setups, one has 2 w3's and one has a w7. Yeah they beat pretty hard, but I could find something that beats just as loud with maybe just a little less quality for half the price. Shit what are w7's going for new now, still $750? I could get 2 R's and an amp to run them for a little over $500 bucks brand new, hifonics amp too. Plus I've heard many times that the quality of JL's subs isn't what they say it is from people who have worked for JL. So yeah, I agree Slider, JL is way overpriced for what else is out there. I've been looking at Diamond, I know someone that has 2 D3's that are pretty damn loud, but everything that I want is too expensive for me right now, especially with the holiday season coming up.

EDIT: Also, Fi is the shit. I've thought many a times of doing a BTL setup and running that bitch at 4000 rms.

Last edited:

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
For subs I prefer Kicker's, Rockford Fosgate's, or JL.

If you burned up the voice coil of the Infinity, I would check your crossover and the output of the amplifier. Too high of a freq will overheat the voice coil as it tries to move the large woofer faster. If the amp has stray DC voltage on it, It will overheat the voice coil as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info