Recommend me a new minivan!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The fronts will get tinted. Headlights/fogs will get upgraded. A set of all weather mats will get ordered and it will get sent...lol
Make sure you do your homework on replacing the lights. Dodge/Chrysler canbus is very finicky when it comes to replacing bulbs (especially headlights) with aftermarket stuff. It can be done and be done correctly, just going to cost you a little more than another car. Search some of the forums and see who/what brand people are recommending.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
What do they rate it at for mpg?
In hybrid mode it’s 30mpg combined. The big gains with this van are by using the battery only by charging with the plug. You get about 35 miles on a full charge. So if you do a lot of short trips around town you could get by without using gas hardly ever.
Make sure you do your homework on replacing the lights. Dodge/Chrysler canbus is very finicky when it comes to replacing bulbs (especially headlights) with aftermarket stuff. It can be done and be done correctly, just going to cost you a little more than another car. Search some of the forums and see who/what brand people are recommending.
Oh trust me I’ve done a ton of reading about upgrading the lights. It doesn’t seem like these vans are affected no matter what lights are used.

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
Bump, so we went and looked at a Pacifica hybrid Limited Red S edition last night. Loved everything about it except the damn halogen lights. Did a bunch of research and it seems like a set of GTR Ultra 2 replacement led bulbs will do the trick. Anyways they have it advertised for 10.5k off sticker and I’m pretty sure I can do better than that. Plus it’s a plug in hybrid and will get me a $7,500 tax credit.

We didn’t even haggle last night because I was so bummed with the headlights. Think we might go back and try to make a deal though now that I found that some aftermarket bulbs will fix it.
View attachment 70138

Just an fyi about the 7500 tax credit you only get the full amount if you make less then 45k a year. Also I'm assuming you know that the hybrids don't have the second row folding options like the gassers and that they're only fwd.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Just an fyi about the 7500 tax credit you only get the full amount if you make less then 45k a year.

were are you getting that from? I got a $7500 EV tax credit on a car and make way more than that. In fact the problem with tax credits is that you have to make sure you can qualify for the entire amount by owing enough for them to be able to remove $7500.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Just an fyi about the 7500 tax credit you only get the full amount if you make less then 45k a year. Also I'm assuming you know that the hybrids don't have the second row folding options like the gassers and that they're only fwd.
Yea I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I've checked online and also even called my accountant. Both sources tell me I will get an additional $7,500 back when I file next year.
were are you getting that from? I got a $7500 EV tax credit on a car and make way more than that. In fact the problem with tax credits is that you have to make sure you can qualify for the entire amount by owing enough for them to be able to remove $7500.
I've paid about $20k so far this year in Fed taxes so I'm good!

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
And yea, the 2nd row stow n go seats are gone which suck, but I'd rather have the hybrid. The limited hybrids actually get rid of a few option that the gasser limited models have like the HID/led lights up front and built in vacuum. It's kind of baffling they tried to remove cost from a top of the line van that is already over 50k...

• Sad
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Wife is second guessing the grey/red interior van. We stopped by the dealer today to look at a few others in the daylight. What’s your favorite color?

grey/red leather
6AC6B9E6-7E6C-4752-964A-316506DCE002.jpeg

White/red leather. Might not even have anymore it wasn’t on the lot.
F87BEAB1-3628-4755-B21F-B4B9A3ABDFA8.jpeg

Black on black
A29EAC50-7CDF-4C4E-9FD0-D6C522DA5583.jpeg

Velvet red/black leather
4C4D6E91-AFC4-42CF-A4E0-25C4868D7940.jpeg

pearl white/black leather. Didn’t really like this color it has an almond look
25E8A59F-321A-4CB0-A860-E5E1AFA42DC9.jpeg

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Wife is second guessing the grey/red interior van. We stopped by the dealer today to look at a few others in the daylight. What’s your favorite color?

grey/red leather
View attachment 70360
White/red leather. Might not even have anymore it wasn’t on the lot.
View attachment 70361
Black on black
View attachment 70362
Velvet red/black leather
View attachment 70363
pearl white/black leather. Didn’t really like this color it has an almond look
View attachment 70364
Like the pearl white :p

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
We like that maroon. That is what we were originally looking for when we got the '15. The maroon with the tan interior. Problem was they were few and far between and the dealerships that had them wouldn't budge on price.

As far as the Pacifica's, there is a dark blue in the sport trim, which has blacked out bits, that is awesome looking. Not sure if that color is available.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info