Movie Ready Player One

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Every time I watch this movie I catch something new.

This time I caught that during the first race the movie theater is playing jack Slater. A.k.a. the Arnold Schwarzenegger parody movie.

Also in the holiday journals when they’re talking about the second challenge there are three notes that are played repeatedly towards the end of the scene. Those notes are the first three notes from the Voltron theme song.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Every time I watch this movie I catch something new.

This time I caught that during the first race the movie theater is playing jack Slater. A.k.a. the Arnold Schwarzenegger parody movie.

Also in the holiday journals when they’re talking about the second challenge there are three notes that are played repeatedly towards the end of the scene. Those notes are the first three notes from the Voltron theme song.
A lot of subtleties. Even though the movie divvies away from the book, there's still a lot to take in and see. Also on a side note, the book, Ready Player Two is out now.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
A lot of subtleties. Even though the movie divvies away from the book, there's still a lot to take in and see. Also on a side note, the book, Ready Player Two is out now.
Totally forgot about book 2. I was gonna put it on my preordered list.

Also, the music mix is phenomenal

Reactions: importcrew

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
And book finally finished. 2 days. Not too long a read at just under 400 pages.

Significantly different from the movie and while I liked parts of it, I think I like the way the movie made the High 5 better friends who worked together more, vs the loners they were in the book.

With this much difference between the book and movie, I expect if they ever do Ready Player Two the movie it'll start out in a much different place and follow only the loosest of plot lines from the book.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
After reading the 2nd book, I'd make a lot of changes for a movie. Book is disjointed in places and I'm not a fan of parts of the ending. The Easter Eggs they include in this book are not nearly as good as Ready Player One. To me the book felt like the author put less effort into it. Quick paycheck for him.

I could see a decent movie if the screenwriters and director took the good parts and replaced the not so good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info