Movie Ready Player One

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
The Akira cycle is pretty fucking badass.

There were a few references that I wish were used in place of others, but that’s just the oddball anime/videogame fan in me, and probably better off for the movie anyways haha

Tracer from the game Overwatch was also in there. Also Chun-Li, Lara Croft, Battletoads, and a bunch of others.

For anime, they have Giant Robo, Ultraman, Neon Genesis Evengeleon, and I believe there were references to Darling in the Franxx, Sword Art Online, and many more that probably haven't gotten noticed.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Tracer from the game Overwatch was also in there. Also Chun-Li, Lara Croft, Battletoads, and a bunch of others.

For anime, they have Giant Robo, Ultraman, Neon Genesis Evengeleon, and I believe there were references to Darling in the Franxx, Sword Art Online, and many more that probably haven't gotten noticed.

Fuck, i didn't seen Neon Genesis Evangelion!

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I havent seen it yet, but I heard that one of the final things was playing some Atari game. That game doubled in price after this movie came out. :rofl:

It was "Adventure" by Atari and was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. I remember all the excitement when that secret was found by someone one day. That's the first time ever a "secret area" was ever in a videogame.

adventure.gif

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It was "Adventure" by Atari and was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. I remember all the excitement when that secret was found by someone one day. That's the first time ever a "secret area" was ever in a videogame.

adventure.gif

Ahh Adventure. I knew it was one of those. But yes, the price did start going up around the time the movie came out. It wasnt double, but still a visible spike.

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/atari-2600/adventure

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL

adventure.gif

well, first easter egg really.
This is pretty famous in programmer and development circles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info