Rattle going over bumps sometimes...anti-rattle clips in the front calipers?

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Reaction score
I've had this noise for a while now, but now its really starting to annoy the shit out of me. Nothing is loose in the front end....and I've never had and brake work done to the car...it has 7400 miles on it. From what I've searched for and other sites, the consensus seems to be these anti-rattle clips. I THINK i've fond them on the caliper...should they move back and forth about 1/16th onf an inch...could this be my problem?

ChromeCobra

Reaction score
Easy way to tell if its coming from those clips is drive the car with the windows down so you can clearly hear the noise, slowly but firmly apply the brakes. If the noise stops when you apply the brakes, its most likely the clips.

OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Reaction score
The problem is I have to be going over 30mph and the bump has to be something like a level change in concrete, or a crack in pavement. It happens so quick.

What else could it be?

ChromeCobra

Reaction score
I really dont know, its hard to say without hearing the noise myself. Im sure if i were to see the car in person I would be able to track down where its coming from, other than that I would just check other components such as suspension.

OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Reaction score
Hans did all of the work 2 years ago...its just H&R Race Springs with stock isos and MM caster camber plates.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
I had the same problem it was a clip that came off the caliper on the RF..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom