RAPERs 3rd Gen Snake

RAPER

Reaction score
Don't know what all I'm going to do to this thing besides beat on it, but I'll track my progress and anything of interest.

Picked up some new steam rollers for the beast. I was quite unamused with the factory chrome wheels deciding to shed their chrome skin so I said to hell with that shit...
Wheels are Forgestars and took like 4 months to have built. tires are Pilot Super Sports
IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0671.jpg

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Get a drop, otherwise.....I love it.

RAPER

Reaction score

wheel gap generaly doesn't look that bad. i took the pictures right after dropping the car on the ground and it wasn't completly settled. also the black fenders are blending into the wheel gap area some and they are hard to pick up in the photo making the gap look even worse... here is a pic to show with the factory wheels on it.. both sets of wheels/tires are identical sizes

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i saw 3rd gen and missed snake.

i was pleasantly surprised by the first pic :rofl:

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Nice purchase . I'm a big fan of Vipers but 3rd gen Vipers look too soft . 2nd gen GTS or 5th gen look great

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I have seen this white TA 1.0 last weekend and it looked sick . I want white or orange TA

RAPER

Reaction score
yea i love the 5th gens but my pockets aren't that deep. I went with a 3rd gen model due to the price point and those cars all having ABS, airbags, and having seperate fenders from the hood... 2nd gen hoods are flipping rediculous to replace at like 10k. Also a side note all the 1st and 2nd gen vipers have crazy hood gaps either at the headlights or at the door. I weighed the pros and cons of them all and chose a 3rd gen.

Yea they are F14's in gloss black. I should of went wider with the rubber in the front (275 on it now) but I didn't want the car being sucked all over the road with how bad the crowning is in IL. maybe next set I will try it out

RAPER

Reaction score
Dropped in a mgw short throw.. When I say dropped I mean was disgusted with how frigging difficult the assholes made this simple process a huge PITA...here is a taste of my misery

IMG_0715.jpg

Had to drill out 8 ss rivets that hold the access plate down...simple screws here, hell no not today...then bore out 2 "access" holes to allow a 13mm socket to get on the hidden 2 fasteners...

IMG_0716.jpg

The Trans sans stock shifter from a good angle..

IMG_0719.jpg

With mgw in place...shoehorning this back through the access hole with rtv on it was messy at best..getting the fasteners back into their homes was also a delight with the two lowers...thank God for magnets...

IMG_0721.jpg

Access panel now attached with alumnium rivets..some mastic patches added for extra sealing measures

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice! Did you use Bob's gasket or silicone?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dang. Yeah that looks like a pain. But it will be worth it.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Got an MGW in my T56, certainly was nowhere near as hard to put in as this, took me about 20 minutes.

RAPER

Reaction score
Nice! Did you use Bob's gasket or silicone?
black rtv....

yea i miss the simplicity of mustangs when it comes to changing out a shifter. i was like oh a t56 shifter change, no problem i've done that a handfull of times already.. and then the realization set in that this is a completly different animal

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom