RAPERs 3rd Gen Snake

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
Don't know what all I'm going to do to this thing besides beat on it, but I'll track my progress and anything of interest.

Picked up some new steam rollers for the beast. I was quite unamused with the factory chrome wheels deciding to shed their chrome skin so I said to hell with that shit...
Wheels are Forgestars and took like 4 months to have built. tires are Pilot Super Sports
IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0671.jpg

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish

wheel gap generaly doesn't look that bad. i took the pictures right after dropping the car on the ground and it wasn't completly settled. also the black fenders are blending into the wheel gap area some and they are hard to pick up in the photo making the gap look even worse... here is a pic to show with the factory wheels on it.. both sets of wheels/tires are identical sizes

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
yea i love the 5th gens but my pockets aren't that deep. I went with a 3rd gen model due to the price point and those cars all having ABS, airbags, and having seperate fenders from the hood... 2nd gen hoods are flipping rediculous to replace at like 10k. Also a side note all the 1st and 2nd gen vipers have crazy hood gaps either at the headlights or at the door. I weighed the pros and cons of them all and chose a 3rd gen.

Yea they are F14's in gloss black. I should of went wider with the rubber in the front (275 on it now) but I didn't want the car being sucked all over the road with how bad the crowning is in IL. maybe next set I will try it out

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
Dropped in a mgw short throw.. When I say dropped I mean was disgusted with how frigging difficult the assholes made this simple process a huge PITA...here is a taste of my misery

IMG_0715.jpg

Had to drill out 8 ss rivets that hold the access plate down...simple screws here, hell no not today...then bore out 2 "access" holes to allow a 13mm socket to get on the hidden 2 fasteners...

IMG_0716.jpg

The Trans sans stock shifter from a good angle..

IMG_0719.jpg

With mgw in place...shoehorning this back through the access hole with rtv on it was messy at best..getting the fasteners back into their homes was also a delight with the two lowers...thank God for magnets...

IMG_0721.jpg

Access panel now attached with alumnium rivets..some mastic patches added for extra sealing measures

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri

Thread Info