Racing a 5000lb Barn Door

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Byron used a lot of glue when they prep. So not uncommon to see better 60' times there. Especially on radials.

Are you just rear wheel drive or still AWD?

If AWD I can see where the tires would be warm when on the street and cold at the track. Due to just sitting in the staging lanes, pulling up, and running. Air pressure can play a part as well. Less air pressure in a radial isn't always better. If too low the tire will distort and the contact patch changes. All of that could play into it.

AWD.
my first run this year, 40lb tire pressure and it blew the tires off. Ive never spun like that into 2nd.......thought i broke something, course I never let off and ran 13.00

It was fun....... Quickest 60 was at Byron 1.60

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
This is weird, at least to me....

so at the track my truck spins all four, sometimes into second YET on the street, NOT a squeak. Seriously, just grabs & goes. My 60 on the street would be sick.......

& it seems I've launched harder @ Byron over GLD.

Full weight in either instance.

on the street, are you staged in ready to launch at ~2-3k rpm like at the track? or jsut punch and go

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
This is what happens when you stall her up around 3000+rpm.
Granted these were the pos Goodyear RSA it came with.
Running Nitto 420S presently lost%20rubber.jpg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
SirMarco SirMarco

Every time I start it

captain america lumber GIF
Story time! When I bought my GTO, I also test drove a maroon TBSS at the same dealer. The dealer was able to budge on the price of the GTO and not the TBSS. That's how I ended up with that car over the SUV that would have been more practical to own at the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info