Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Jb4 is ok but as a piggy back it has it's drawbacks. But it has features the flash tunes do not have. That being said, if you are set on using the Jb4 check to see if MHD has a back end flash for it. I know the e9x n54 & n55 crowd like the MHD back end flash. It seems much smoother for driving and controls the fueling better.

I run the MHD flash on my n54. I am really impressed with the off the shelf maps. Many tuners use it for custom tunes as well. MHD has support on the forums and seem very helpful in checking logs and offering support. They support seems as good, if not better, than Burger. Something to check out at least.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I'm not sure about the F80. I haven't done any research on it as I'm trying to stay away so I don't buy a F80. Lmao

With the e9x you use an android device as the flasher. I have an old tablet I use. As well as my phone. So you need to buy a ODB II cable, conversion cable to plug that into your android device, MHD flasher license, and tune pack (back end tune). Once MHD is installed switching maps takes about a minute. Not bad at all. Not. On the fly like jb4, but not horrible at all.

For me, the cables were like $80, flasher license was $150, tune pack was $50, and data log licenses was $50.

The pic below shows what tunes are available with each pack. Each pack has different tunes for different octane fuel as well as blended e85.

You can do some reading. Quick search I found was this thread. Probably a good starting point.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450581

S55*(BMW M3 / M4 F8x):
Stage 1 (up to 530HP/700NM) - 91oct/95ron, 93oct/98ron, 95oct/102ron, for stock cars.

Stage 2 (up to 560HP/780NM) - 91oct/95ron, 93oct/98ron, 95oct/102ron, for cars equipped with high-flow downpipes.

Stage 2+(up to 585HP/850NM) - 93oct/98ron, 95oct/102ron, for cars equipped with a free flowing exhaust and high-flow downpipes*(in development).

Ethanol Mix Maps: Stage 1, 2 and 2+ E30-E50+ Maps for ethanol blends of 30%-50%+*(in development)

Topspeed limiter removed on all OTS maps.

As an alternative to built-in maps, many local and remote tuners can provide advanced custom mapping for those who have more extensive modifications or unique performance / customization needs.*

Monitoring and Logging Module:*
Monitor your engine behavior to make sure it is running perfectly using a configurable and very responsive gauge layout. 50+ engine parameters are available at a glance! Activate the logging mode to save the data to a standard CSV file for later analysis using the built in log viewer. Additionally, we will happily provide free logs analysis.

These are some of the available monitors:Boost,
Boost Target Lambda (AFR)
Intake Air Temp (IAT)
Ignition Timing per Cylinder
Coolant Temperature
Oil Temperature,
Oil Pressure
Transmission Temperature
High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP)Throttle Position
Wastegate Duty-Cycle (WGDC)
RPM
Speed
EGTA
nd many more…

MHD exclusive advanced monitor:
Timing Corrections per Cylinder
Base Compressor Axis: Boost Setpoint, MAF req WGDC.
Active Torque Limiters
And many more…

Flash-time Options::*
These flash options can be applied to any map directly through the app!(in development):
Exhaust Burble: Customize your desired exhaust burble (duration & aggressiveness) and enjoy the sporty soundN20 Map Sensor (on N55).Torque limit per gearMore options will follow with new updates.
Read DME Codes::*
Track issues by reading the error codes, and delete them once resolved.

New features and updates::*
The MHD Flasher F-series will continue to evolve after the release, which means many exciting new features and map updates will be coming in the future.*

The following projects are currently in development for 2018:
Flex Fuel Kit
MHD Wireless OBD-II adaptor
On the fly map switching
Exhaust flap control
Quicker flash times
Real time tuning
MHD anti-theft protection
Valet mode (reduced power and limited rpm)

What you need:*
Android device,*OTG compatible*with Android OS 3.2 and higher.
BimmerGeeks ProCable (K+DCan cable).

Screenshot_20180218-103439.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
No offense, but it's hard to take your complaint serious since you know, you're DasFinc and you've probably put a claim against every legitimate business out there. :smile:

On the other hand, there are hundreds, if not thousands of satisfied M3 JB4 customers. Most on the boards praise their customer service.

If you actually look at their reviews, almost all of the bad ones are the same situation. We buy products, only to find out they did not come as described or advertised, and then we are told to pound sand.

That is a very common theme, and really shitty business practice to blame the consumer instead of adding clarity or updating the media on their site and just eating the return.

Side-note, thanks for reminding to go leave negative feedback on all their survey/review sites.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Jb4 is ok but as a piggy back it has it's drawbacks. But it has features the flash tunes do not have. That being said, if you are set on using the Jb4 check to see if MHD has a back end flash for it. I know the e9x n54 & n55 crowd like the MHD back end flash. It seems much smoother for driving and controls the fueling better.

I run the MHD flash on my n54. I am really impressed with the off the shelf maps. Many tuners use it for custom tunes as well. MHD has support on the forums and seem very helpful in checking logs and offering support. They support seems as good, if not better, than Burger. Something to check out at least.

yes, my comment had nothing to do with Burger, had no issues with the company. My car was just smoother with MHD on my n54. The JB4 ALWAYS through me into a safety map and cut my power. jb4 didn't have anything special for me as i still bought the scanning license with MHD and i never used the antilag, 2step, or meth on jb4 (the 3 big benefits of it)

I have no idea if MHD supports yours, but i dont see why they wouldn't. i ultimately went with a custom tune, but still ran mhd tune when i wasn't running on E.

Thread Info