Pulling off a pulley from a KB...

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
Does the blower have to be on the car installed w the belt on so the pulley doesnt keep spinning or is there a special tool that needs to be used with the KB's? I used the 10mm allen and tried holding the pulley but it just keeps spinning.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
I can't find a pic of it, but I am pretty sure that you could make one from your local hardware store. All it did was have to stubs that went into the two holes and you could put the allen socket in the hole...

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
From mf: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f17/anybody-have-kenne-bell-removal-tool-49635.html

...You could make a pretty good one with a length of aluminum bar stock, like a piece of an aluminum yardstick and a couple of appropriate size bolts and nuts. You need to drill a hole in one end of the bar big enough to put your allen wrench thru, and two smaller holes on either side of the bigger hole. Secure the bolts on the bar with the nuts, insert the bolt ends in the index holes in the pulley, insert the allen wrench or hex driver thru, and turn while holding the bar...

OP
FuelSlut

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
what about putting on the blower and putting on the belt for the 2.8 pulley, and try to break the nut. Do you guys think that will work.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
what about putting on the blower and putting on the belt for the 2.8 pulley, and try to break the nut. Do you guys think that will work.

no, they are torqued to like 80ish foot punds. You need to get the speical tool or make it. I have one also but im in Vegas untill Friday so im not much help

Kevin

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Reaction score
I have one if you want to borrow it. Also its more important to use it installing the pulley to get the correct torque than it is to remove it. Its important to torque the KB pullys correctly, and make sure there is NO oil on the seal ring. Very important.

ITSQUIK

Big Trouble in Little China
Reaction score
No offense but probably Lyle's:headbang:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom