Project: hold all my shits

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Been running since Sunday night with no issues. Completed the parity check, but will have to run another one since it found errors. Most likely due to the hard shutdowns the previous system was doing.

fd73cdc90565b82033125935ac2ed4dc.jpg

Kinda funny/sad that my storage/plex server is more powerful than my gaming computer. Lol.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Been running since Sunday night with no issues. Completed the parity check, but will have to run another one since it found errors. Most likely due to the hard shutdowns the previous system was doing.

fd73cdc90565b82033125935ac2ed4dc.jpg

Kinda funny/sad that my storage/plex server is more powerful than my gaming computer. Lol.

Transcoding on the fly is nice.

I recently tried setting up Optimized versions in Plex and feel they dropped the ball big-time there.

The goal is to have a pre-transcoded version stored on the server so the server can just natively play it. But in practice, the user has to specifically PICK the optimized version, instead of just hitting "Play".

So I created a 8Mbits version of Infinity War. When I went to play it, I had to pick either the original version, or the optimized version in an obscure portion of the interface.

In the end I removed the storage I was going to use for optimized versions. Its just not intuitive enough to have.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, I realized real quick when I started using plex that optimized versions are nice on paper, but silly in use. I use Plex over infuse for the sake of the PC transcoding. So might as well let it do what I want it to.

The Ryzen 5 2600 has a 13505 passmark score. Should be more than plenty for the few streams at a time I use it for.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, I realized real quick when I started using plex that optimized versions are nice on paper, but silly in use. I use Plex over infuse for the sake of the PC transcoding. So might as well let it do what I want it to.

The Ryzen 5 2600 has a 13505 passmark score. Should be more than plenty for the few streams at a time I use it for.

My i7-4790k has a passmark around 11000. And it takes upwards of 8 simultaneous 1080p H264 streams before it will start to stutter.

For sanity's sake I've limited transcode streams to 5 and outbound bit-rate to 20Mbits with 8Mbits maximum stream.

I think with the increased core count and higher passmark of the Ryzen you could have more like 11-12 1080p streams.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info