Priority Tire: Anyone buy shit from these guys?

P

Perry Anthony

Hey guys, I just got beat on some tires I bought online from Priority Tire on Ebay last month. THIS IS A WARNING FOR ALL YOU GUYS BUYING TIRES FROM THEM!!! Their tires are GUARANTEED NEW, BUT THEY AREN'T, AND THEY WON'T PROVIDE A DATE CODE for anything upfront, BECAUSE ALL THEY'RE TIRES ARE OLD, but they will tell you most everything is less-than or just over a year. That's total BULLSHIT!!! I recently bought 10 tires at a discounted price, they were for 2 different cars, and purchased 1 replacement for both cars for back up for my 1989 Indy 500 Turbo T/A pace car and my 2003 Mustang 10th Anniversary Cobra convertible. Here's what I got, 2 tires were new but PREVIOUSLY MOUNTED, which they won't allow me to return, both those date codes were almost 3 years old, 2 other date codes were almost 4 years old and 1 of the tires has some light cracking and DRY ROT, 2 other date codes were 2 1/2 years old, 2 other date codes were 18 months, 1 date code was 1 year, and the last was 15 months old. ONLY 2 OUT OF 10 WERE AGE ACCEPTABLE! Also, they state that their 3 warehouse locations are CLIMATE CONTROLLED, so since I live only 30-minutes from the Jax warehouse, I decided to visit it for myself after I went to a doctors appt. nearby and this is what I found out. I wasn't able to personally gain access to the location, since it's strictly a storage facility, so I asked a Fed-Ex and UPS drivers as they were leaving the facility. One driver was fairly new and said he was never physically inside the facility, but the other driver claimed he had been inside numerous times over the last few years during pickups and the facility was certainly NOT CLIMATE CONTROLLED WHATSOEVER. I SIMPLY TRIED TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE OUT HERE, but that was a mistake!!! I'm going back to TIRE RACK, as they will tell you the YEAR OF MANUFACTURE UPFRONT and they don't sell OLD INVENTORY WITHOUT TELLING YOU SO, and if they do, they will give you a GREAT PRICE on those tires with LIMITED LIFE REMAINING. The tires today have very complicated rubber compounds and ONLY HAVE A 6 YEAR SHELF LIFE, regardless if they have plenty of tread or not.

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Weird, I've bought multiple sets of tires from them off eBay for dirty cheap with fresh date codes and the stickers on them and I haven't had any issues?

Must be the luck of the draw and whatever particular tire and size you ordered and they were trying to recoup a return.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info