Powerball and Mega Millions to leave IL by end of the month

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Yeah...I'd have left this state a long time ago if my parents didn't live here, 2 of my 3 siblings didn't live here, my wife's parents didn't live here, 3 of my wife's 4 siblings didn't live here...

I had a sister escape to Indiana, and a sister in law escape to Texas. I cringe when they tell us their property tax bills...and neither one of them took a cut in pay moving there and taking jobs there.

Family is the only single factor that keeps me in this cesspool.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The sad part..... Many people believe this is only on Rauner..... They think that when he took office that all of these problems MAGICALLY appeared.....

It really does blow my mind how many people think of Rauner in a bad light for trying to find real tax reform and reduce the taxes for IL's residents and businesses.

Furthermore, simply increasing the min wage will also reduce the total number of available jobs, when IL already has one of the worst, if not the single worst, employment rate of poor people. So I hope all the poor people thinking they're just going to get paid $15/hr now realize what is coming for them around the bend once this BS gets passed.

Last night on the news, the Rahminator actually made the comment similar to "this state hasn't gotten better under Rauner, it's gotten worse..."

These fucks are really this fucking snowed in... This isn't Rauner's fault. It's the corrupt democratic machine centered in Chicago that YOU and Mike Madigan are a part of that caused the problem. Rauner is just having to do the "unpleasant" things to clean up YOUR fucking mess.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
He just needs to lay out the problem, his solution, and the end result. Surely something a smart business man can do. It's something I'm sure he did in business daily.

1) Here is what the last several decades of mismanagement of fiscal policy, primarily from the democratic machine HQ'ed in Chicago, by Madigan and the cronies has put this state in.

2) I am going to create a budget, fiscal policies and controls to fix this problem. Some people AREN'T going to like it. Tough shit! It's for the greater good and once fixed, all of us will be happy again. You've got to break an egg to make an omelette!

3) If you vote me out, the incoming person will just continue to follow the status quo and this state will continue to fail.

This is the reality of it people. It isn't pretty, but shit's gotta happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info