Power Tour With E85

v6buicks

Reaction score
Is anybody in here running power tour and running E85 full time?

I have a ticket for the Indy check point, and plan to cruise from Austin, IN to the race track. The only trouble is that I cannot seem to find any E85 stations until just before the raceway. It's not a huge deal because I have a V6 and I'll just fill a couple cans, but I was wondering if anybody else has scoped these stations out. If so, how? I haven't been running E85 long so actually planning a trip around it is not something I'm used to.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Bring lots of fuel with you. Really the only way.

v6buicks

Reaction score
That was kind of my thought. I'm thinking about buying a roof rack just to hold my cans. lol

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
i did Power Tour with the Supra but it had flex fuel which helped....but it definitely got sketchy a few times looking for corn...almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere looking for the corn pump, [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION] remembers :rofl:

If you can find pumps along the route and have folks test for you (I did that the first year of NoFlyZone in Rantoul)....that helps too...otherwise, I would just buy some Ignite e85 or something like that to bring with you.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Download the gas buddy app and you can set a filter to show only e85 stations on the map.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i did Power Tour with the Supra but it had flex fuel which helped....but it definitely got sketchy a few times looking for corn...almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere looking for the corn pump, [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION] remembers :rofl:

If you can find pumps along the route and have folks test for you (I did that the first year of NoFlyZone in Rantoul)....that helps too...otherwise, I would just buy some Ignite e85 or something like that to bring with you.
Middle of nowhere, miles from the next gas station. Only place that had E85 was some gas pump in the middle of a concrete slab by itself off a back road. I believe it tested pretty high too :rofl:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
It was straight e85, which was amazing b/c it was literally, as you said, sitting off a side road with nothing around it :rofl:

v6buicks

Reaction score
Download the gas buddy app and you can set a filter to show only e85 stations on the map.
Gas buddy is pretty good. I have it, but I've also noticed that it's missing a lot of stations near me. There's a website with a list of every E85 station in Indiana, but it doesn't appear to have been updated this decade. lol

I'll just be sure to fill my tank and a couple big cans before I leave the last known station. That should honestly last me the entire day anyway. I'm pretty good about keeping my foot out of it.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was straight e85, which was amazing b/c it was literally, as you said, sitting off a side road with nothing around it :rofl:
Pure as the driven snow.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I drive all over the place on e85 I just bring cans with me, it’s easier than worrying about what the stations will test

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom