Power Tour With E85

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Is anybody in here running power tour and running E85 full time?

I have a ticket for the Indy check point, and plan to cruise from Austin, IN to the race track. The only trouble is that I cannot seem to find any E85 stations until just before the raceway. It's not a huge deal because I have a V6 and I'll just fill a couple cans, but I was wondering if anybody else has scoped these stations out. If so, how? I haven't been running E85 long so actually planning a trip around it is not something I'm used to.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i did Power Tour with the Supra but it had flex fuel which helped....but it definitely got sketchy a few times looking for corn...almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere looking for the corn pump, [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION] remembers :rofl:

If you can find pumps along the route and have folks test for you (I did that the first year of NoFlyZone in Rantoul)....that helps too...otherwise, I would just buy some Ignite e85 or something like that to bring with you.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
i did Power Tour with the Supra but it had flex fuel which helped....but it definitely got sketchy a few times looking for corn...almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere looking for the corn pump, [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION] remembers :rofl:

If you can find pumps along the route and have folks test for you (I did that the first year of NoFlyZone in Rantoul)....that helps too...otherwise, I would just buy some Ignite e85 or something like that to bring with you.

Middle of nowhere, miles from the next gas station. Only place that had E85 was some gas pump in the middle of a concrete slab by itself off a back road. I believe it tested pretty high too :rofl:

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Download the gas buddy app and you can set a filter to show only e85 stations on the map.

Gas buddy is pretty good. I have it, but I've also noticed that it's missing a lot of stations near me. There's a website with a list of every E85 station in Indiana, but it doesn't appear to have been updated this decade. lol

I'll just be sure to fill my tank and a couple big cans before I leave the last known station. That should honestly last me the entire day anyway. I'm pretty good about keeping my foot out of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info