Power Tools Discussion

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
So here is a question that I am somewhat perplexed on and maybe its a marketing gimmick maybe its just not possible to do but....

Why don't they make tools that run on a battery, but also have an adapter to turn to a corded tool? I.e. a battery adapter that can go into a standard 110 outlet?

I mean I know the point of a battery tool is the flexibility, i just figured it would have been invented by now.

But to each his own..

Also cool as setup! I will probably be buying some of this shit next year? Do we get a discount lol

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
So here is a question that I am somewhat perplexed on and maybe its a marketing gimmick maybe its just not possible to do but....

Why don't they make tools that run on a battery, but also have an adapter to turn to a corded tool? I.e. a battery adapter that can go into a standard 110 outlet?

I mean I know the point of a battery tool is the flexibility, i just figured it would have been invented by now.

But to each his own..

Also cool as setup! I will probably be buying some of this shit next year? Do we get a discount lol

Because the motors designed for the tools are designed to run on their respective voltages. If you were to run 120 volts into a tool that's motor is designed to run on 18/20V batteries, then that motor is going to not run properly.

This is why we are only offering the plug in adapter for our miter saw that is designed to run off of 2 - 60V batteries or 120 volts.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Because the motors designed for the tools are designed to run on their respective voltages. If you were to run 120 volts into a tool that's motor is designed to run on 18/20V batteries, then that motor is going to not run properly.

This is why we are only offering the plug in adapter for our miter saw that is designed to run off of 2 - 60V batteries or 120 volts.

I see you dodged the question about a TCG discount... :s00ls:

I need me that table saw and sliding mitre saw in my life. LOL

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I'm not opposed to it, but I honestly don't have time to try and individually handle a bunch of small orders. It would be more hassle than it is worth.

I guess send me a wish list and I'll see what I can do. The new FlexVolt stuff I cannot do for a while.....demand is super high and we have limited product.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
Just saw a video for a 60v Flexvolt Chainsaw, weed wackier, and leaf blower all coming out early 2017...

Also the new radio/charger for the Flexvolt setup looks great.

Might be time to start selling off the 18v stuff and corded mitre and table saws.

Where's the TCG DeWalt discount? :jg:

this makes me sad. i just bought a 40v leaf blower this spring. :fu:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
probably going to stick with 20v gear but swingin hard off this dewalt shit [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] :nutz: :nutz: :nutz: :nutz:

DEWALT FLEXVOLT

Remember FlexVolt is not taking the place of 20V, it is a compliment to our 20V system. The FlexVolt batteries are compatible with all of our 20V tooling. There are just certain tools that you cannot make and have work effectively without this new tech.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Is Berland's House of Tools still a repair facility? The DC515B vacuum I bought and used like 5 times stopped working. :mad: Great little unit, but cost per use to vacuum my floor mats wasn't so good. lol

They are still a repair facility, but we have 2 factory outlet repair facilities as well. One in Tinley Park and one in Bensenville, they both combining into one facility in Addison in early October. Get me the vacuum and I'll get it repaired at no charge.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
You thought you had a nice or complete Dewalt 20v collection?

THINK AGAIN

95d1ae84-42f3-496e-9a15-46c0da5662e0_1000.jpg

$3,499.00 /each

DEWALT 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Cable Crimping Tool Kit-DCE300M2 - The Home Depot

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Seems a bit pricey.....

You have no idea. My company does wiring harnesses for companies, smaller hand crimp tools can be over 1k easily, start getting into the pneumatic versions and you're much higher, then you get into the full on crimping machines with reels and applicators (we have two of them here) and they're CRAZY expensive....

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
You have no idea. My company does wiring harnesses for companies, smaller hand crimp tools can be over 1k easily, start getting into the pneumatic versions and you're much higher, then you get into the full on crimping machines with reels and applicators (we have two of them here) and they're CRAZY expensive....

What exactly would you crimp with this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info