Power Tools Discussion

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
What exactly would you crimp with this?

Large lug terminals for power distribution on trains....

500-750MCMCOPPERWIRECABLE.jpg

We've done a few power boxes for trains as well with large breaker panels, they had slightly lower gauge but still larger than most.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I think I'm going to need to buy a 1/2" version to get the god damn seat belt bolts out of my car... Those mother fuckers ain't moving with my 3/8" impact in the least or with a cheater bar on them... :bowrofl:

Going to soak them with penetrating oil and try an impact next I think.

Got one I can try [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION]? :s00ls:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I just couldn't believe how stuck the fucking things are. Going to get under the car this week and wire wheel the bolts to make sure they're clean and then soak them to see if that helps....

I may hit you up to borrow one though just to see if itll break loose. I just ordered a 1/2" impact T50 torx bit for the attempt. :bowrofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Umm. Their loctited in. Heat the threads/bung. Will come right out

Umm. It's "they're". :s00ls:

The torch is there as well, there's just a lot of flammable stuff there so I want to use it only if absolutely necessary.

I wonder if a heat gun would get it hot enough to break down the loctite, I always just use a torch because it's usually not surrounded by open fuel lines or insulation...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info