Post your latest purchase

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
Like wear/tear or mechanical issues? I know nothing of hydraulic disc brakes, so I may have to study up on them.
Ton of issues with them pumping up and not releasing and then rubbing a ton.

Supposedly there’s a new barb and olive available that can fix it but a decent shop should be able to warranty for credit and new brakes if it becomes an issue.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
You should treat yourself to a new fx carbon. They’re rad.
The bike was like $550 new (discounted). That’s my upper limit even today, which doesn’t offer much.

Just wish it had disc brakes. I would have waited a year to get them, but my 2013 7.3 FX had gotten stolen, so needed a replacement quick.

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
The bike was like $550 new (discounted). That’s my upper limit even today, which doesn’t offer much.

Just wish it had disc brakes. I would have waited a year to get them, but my 2013 7.3 FX had gotten stolen, so needed a replacement quick.
You ride a good amount and enjoy riding, just saying you should treat yourself one day. It’s a ton of bike for the money.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
You ride a good amount and enjoy riding, just saying you should treat yourself one day. It’s a ton of bike for the money.
Yeah, some day.

I’m staring at about $2000 in veterinary bills, plus a big property tax bill (out of my pocket). So that day won’t be this year. Maybe 2023 or 2024.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just got back from my first ride, I'm digging it and wondering why I didn't upgrade years ago. The bike's mechanics are much more refined than my $120 Walmart Schwinn. And the extra gears make me feel like I'm getting more top end speed.

I can't say I'd tell the difference between this and the $600 version, but it is a much nicer ride than the old Schwinn. I posted it for free on our neighborhood FB page. It was gone in an hour.

Jimbo

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
They’re decent initially. But they get loud and choppy. Would have stuck with the non DWS ones.

Jimbo

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I've never had that issue. I've had DW, DWS, DWS06's on several vehicles with nary an issue. Their performance for the price is hard to beat.
Definitely see the same issues on all the BMWs and Mercedes I see them on

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I hope so! Them NT05s were trash and I shouldnt have to worry about rain as much now. Its not a racecar so Id rather not worry about rain once I drive it back to ND this summer.

Anyone ever had those tires? Reviews seem excellent.
I know two people. One has them on a Q50 currently, and really likes them. The other has had multiple sets on his former SL63 and Tesla P85. No complaints.

I cross-shopped those with the Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ A/S for my G37xS. Went with the Michelins due to slightly better ratings, at the time. When it comes time to replace them I’ll go with the DWS06’s. The Michelins are good, but a little too stiff for the driving the car gets regularly. Last time they got any kind of workout that warranted having them was the TCG Tour last year.

I will say, having the slightly stiffer sidewalls with the Michelins has saved my wheels from taking damage with bumps and potholes.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. They are going on some heavy ass SVE 20s. They look good and I need something that can handle rain better than those Nittos for a daily driver.

Decided on these since it was only like 60 bucks more for same tires but for the stock PP1 19s that are 255/40/19 front and 275/40/19 rears.

MirkosMangle

Reaction score
New air washer from fridgitaire. My wife says it is her best friend now as she has very sensitive skin and can't stand the dry air.
We checked frigidair reviews on this site and decided it is our best options comparing the prices/quality reviews.
Absolutely happy with the choice.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. I'm pretty impressed with the phone so far, the refresh/frame rate is crazy smooth with these phones. I need to watch a few YT videos on functionality that I'm sure I'm not aware of.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Organize Black Cat GIF by Industrial Workers of the World

Screenshot_20220514-121222_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom