17545530-2B36-4F44-A500-8DCC515BB57F.jpeg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Like wear/tear or mechanical issues? I know nothing of hydraulic disc brakes, so I may have to study up on them.
Ton of issues with them pumping up and not releasing and then rubbing a ton.

Supposedly there’s a new barb and olive available that can fix it but a decent shop should be able to warranty for credit and new brakes if it becomes an issue.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
You should treat yourself to a new fx carbon. They’re rad.
The bike was like $550 new (discounted). That’s my upper limit even today, which doesn’t offer much.

Just wish it had disc brakes. I would have waited a year to get them, but my 2013 7.3 FX had gotten stolen, so needed a replacement quick.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
The bike was like $550 new (discounted). That’s my upper limit even today, which doesn’t offer much.

Just wish it had disc brakes. I would have waited a year to get them, but my 2013 7.3 FX had gotten stolen, so needed a replacement quick.
You ride a good amount and enjoy riding, just saying you should treat yourself one day. It’s a ton of bike for the money.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
You ride a good amount and enjoy riding, just saying you should treat yourself one day. It’s a ton of bike for the money.
Yeah, some day.

I’m staring at about $2000 in veterinary bills, plus a big property tax bill (out of my pocket). So that day won’t be this year. Maybe 2023 or 2024.

• Sad
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Just got back from my first ride, I'm digging it and wondering why I didn't upgrade years ago. The bike's mechanics are much more refined than my $120 Walmart Schwinn. And the extra gears make me feel like I'm getting more top end speed.

I can't say I'd tell the difference between this and the $600 version, but it is a much nicer ride than the old Schwinn. I posted it for free on our neighborhood FB page. It was gone in an hour.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I hope so! Them NT05s were trash and I shouldnt have to worry about rain as much now. Its not a racecar so Id rather not worry about rain once I drive it back to ND this summer.

Anyone ever had those tires? Reviews seem excellent.
I know two people. One has them on a Q50 currently, and really likes them. The other has had multiple sets on his former SL63 and Tesla P85. No complaints.

I cross-shopped those with the Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ A/S for my G37xS. Went with the Michelins due to slightly better ratings, at the time. When it comes time to replace them I’ll go with the DWS06’s. The Michelins are good, but a little too stiff for the driving the car gets regularly. Last time they got any kind of workout that warranted having them was the TCG Tour last year.

I will say, having the slightly stiffer sidewalls with the Michelins has saved my wheels from taking damage with bumps and potholes.

Reactions: Rent Free

Thread Info