• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Performance Shops in Chi

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Thanks for the comments guys :headbang:

Do you guys know of anybody or a good shop in N/W IN? I just need to have my fuel filter replaced. I was thinking of taking it to Art Hill Ford in Merrillville.

The fuel filter can be a little tricky on a IRS car, and a special disconnect tool is needed as well. Let me know if you want me to do it, takes about 15mins.

Gibby_SVT

Voodoo
Apr 12, 2007
I also second VS Motorsports as I have taken my previous car (M3) to them and they are some fantastic, honest, and damn good guys. However, I'm honestly not sure how many Mustangs or any domestic cars they have done from a performance standpoint. They are badass with BMWs and even have a hell of an EVO race car. I'd love to hear they can pimp out a 'Stang!

I'm going to check out Dean's Performance or go back to VS Motorsports (if they'll do my GT500 work) if I can't get this clunk fixed myself).

Another place I have gone to before is 359 Garage in Romeoville. They are pretty darn good, but they also seem to have issues with answering the phone or returning voicemails. I hate that.

Langer61

Jan 23, 2012
Any with a Dyno in-house

New to ChicagoSVT.com, former terminator owner and new owner of '12 GT500. It took all of 500 miles for the mod bug to bite again. I am looking to start with a few bolt on over winter with more significant mods requiring tunes etc. come summer. I know this tread mentioned shops in the area but i want to know which ones would have the capability of doing a Dyno tune if needed.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
New to ChicagoSVT.com, former terminator owner and new owner of '12 GT500. It took all of 500 miles for the mod bug to bite again. I am looking to start with a few bolt on over winter with more significant mods requiring tunes etc. come summer. I know this tread mentioned shops in the area but i want to know which ones would have the capability of doing a Dyno tune if needed.

Tim @ Mr. norms

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005

deans has a dyno and is a sponsor of the site and is local.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Ive had my 4.10 gears installed and some misc welding and pulley swaps by Hans at Deans Performance. My gears have been quiet as a mouse. I highly recommend Hans for anything automotive.

I had my Marauder dyno tuned by Tim at Mr Norms in July. And all has been great since. So I would recommend Tim.

But I know some friends who have had Bob Kurgan dyno tune their cars too. But Bob is only here a couple times a year.

Whether you use Bob or Tim for dyno tunes. It's Win Win!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Rottenweiler9

2010 GT500
Jun 25, 2011
Went with the 3.73 Gears, Steeda Heat Exchanger, Upper Control Arm, New Driveshaft and Loop. I took it to Deans, and wanted to thank everyone for letting me know about Hans. He is a great guy, even took the time to talk to my friend about his car. He also fixed my exhaust that rattled ever since it was put on for free. I would go to him again for sure or refer him, he knows his stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info