Other sandwiches and subs

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Seeing this thread keep popping could not help myself. Hit the fresh market and modified their roast beef

20210507_113142.jpg
20210507_113550.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Doing it yourself, if you go to Meijer, they pre-make these 2ft long super subs. Grab those, then grab one of the deli departments pre-packaged cheese of your choice, go home and add. They put a lot of meat on the sub itself, but like 2 pieces of provolone... WTF! Adding your own extra evens things out.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I did a write up for Mook's old food blog on the Ricobene's steak sandwich. It's the best sandwich in the city hands down.

Franco's in Streamwood makes the best Italian sub.

Mr. Sub's hot combo is a staple too.

Can't talk about sandwiches in IL without mentioning Epic Deli.

I feel like that is still going because of all the pizza reviews I see…

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Ricobenes breaded steak with mozz and giardiniera

A few of my friends went to I.I.T. right near this place. Used to visit them like every other weekend or so and we'd walk here and eat this. Now, everyone lives in the burbs. We get together every year and visit the autoshow, and then drive here and eat one of these. It's a pilgrimage for us, and it's one of my favorite days of the year.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
A few of my friends went to I.I.T. right near this place. Used to visit them like every other weekend or so and we'd walk here and eat this. Now, everyone lives in the burbs. We get together every year and visit the autoshow, and then drive here and eat one of these. It's a pilgrimage for us, and it's one of my favorite days of the year.
Whenever we go to the autoshow, we also go there afterwards lol.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Serino’s subs Addison
Publix - down here by me
Ass - Algonquin sub shop
Nottoli subs - Belmont & Harlem
Tony’s subs - Edison park

A few of my others were mentioned above like al and Joe’s and Frankie’s deli.
Serinos actually opened a pizza joint on Lake St 7-8yrs ago. Didn’t last long and couldn’t figure out why. It was actually pretty good.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Serino’s subs Addison
Publix - down here by me
Ass - Algonquin sub shop
Nottoli subs - Belmont & Harlem
Tony’s subs - Edison park

A few of my others were mentioned above like al and Joe’s and Frankie’s deli.

Bang for the buck, Publix makes a great quality sandwich. I wish we had them up here.

Reactions: frank

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
ASS in Algonquin is my favorite sub place. The Texas Chili Rub sandwich is so fricken good
Ricobenes breaded steak with mozz and giardiniera
Seriously one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had. Stopped and grabbed a couple on my way back from a job that was close by and gave one to my boss who’s never had one. He was like holy hell that was awesome!

A few of us went to Epic last year and it wasn’t great. Like at all. In the past they were really good so not sure if it was an off day or something...

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info