• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Options for a Second Car.

What second car should I buy

• Total voters

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
and fish comes in...

but smoke, you are so scared of loans and payments yet you are going to drop $6k into a car that WILL GAIN LITTLE TO NO VALUE in the end, whereas if you pick up another, let's say 10k range, you have a car worth $10k, depreciating, yes, but not a completely lost value.

Like others have said, opinions are just that, opinions and you seem to be taking them so hard with your essay responses thread delete posts...
But as I stated before, I have experience and was modding a sebring sedan before... But I really wonder what Jared would say... or his "opinion"

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Let me fill you guys in on why im so 'hard headed' about modding this car.Yes, Im well aware that I can buy a Camaro, or a Trans Am, or a DSM, or any number of handfuls of cars that will do 13s as is.

I just dont want to do that.I want something thats different, fast yes, but something thats not cookie-cutter.And I want to try something different from the 'norm'. Not to say that you guys are boring for having your cars, its just that with regard to Grand Ams no one explores their potential because no one tries.

Its like if everyone decided that because a Grand Prix Supercharged is a family sedan, that it doesnt make sense to mod one-why, we'd never have pulley kits or tunes packages for them, because no one would try.Theyd get talked into trading it for a Trans Am.
For every modded car that got built chances are it all started with a guy who got flamed for having the idea.

Someone somewhere thought 11 years ago a Civic with an Acura GSR engine swap would be a dope ride. And he probably got called a jackass for even thinking it.

And thats my job with this car. Simply cause so many have said it cant be done, or its a bad idea,Im gonna build this car up.How can anyone know how fast a Grand Am can go, if no one has the balls to see?

I dont say that to spit on anyones wisdom.But this is a project I intend to see to the finish.

Hell, if GM can ask for 12 billion dollars from the government, its almost easy to make one of their bestselling cars go as fast as it looks lolz.

get a mustang and make that fast. noone suspects anything from non-cobra mustangs... :dunno:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
and fish comes in...

Came in and what?? Said let the guy do what he wants and didnt shove an opinion down his throat?? Especially from a couple people that have cars that wont ever be considered "fast" by anyones means except for themselves? Come on dude. You are giving the guy so much shit, yet drive a 2V vert that wont see anything sub 12 seconds unless you dump more money into it then this guy is gonna dump in his car.

Smoke

Addict
Feb 11, 2009
and fish comes in...

but smoke, you are so scared of loans and payments yet you are going to drop $6k into a car that WILL GAIN LITTLE TO NO VALUE in the end, whereas if you pick up another, let's say 10k range, you have a car worth $10k, depreciating, yes, but not a completely lost value.

Like others have said, opinions are just that, opinions and you seem to be taking them so hard with your essay responses thread delete posts...
But as I stated before, I have experience and was modding a sebring sedan before... But I really wonder what Jared would say... or his "opinion"

I dont take it personally. Its just that I have a big mouth, which translates to essay posts here.I also get talkative when people attack my car for no concrete reason.

Its not that im scared of monthly payments-I just dont like them. I used to drive my dad's paid off Maxima before I got the GA, and I liked the freedom of laughing my ass off when my friends bitched about their $500 per month car notes lol.Like I said above, I just want something thats fast, that no one would suspect. Shit, seeing a guy give me the WTF face as I smoke him in my GA would be worth the money lol.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Came in and what?? Said let the guy do what he wants and didnt shove an opinion down his throat?? Especially from a couple people that have cars that wont ever be considered "fast" by anyones means except for themselves? Come on dude. You are giving the guy so much shit, yet drive a 2V vert that wont see anything sub 12 seconds unless you dump more money into it then this guy is gonna dump in his car.

I'd rather spend $6k to make a 14 sec car run 12's than spend $6k making a 16 second car run 14's. But the point of the original poster is that he wants to mod a Grand Am. He doesn't care that he could get 12's with a bolt-on F-body.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I'd rather spend $6k to make a 14 sec car run 12's than spend $6k making a 16 second car run 14's. But the point of the original poster is that he wants to mod a Grand Am. He doesn't care that he could get 12's with a bolt-on F-body.

Id rather spend $6K to make a 13 second car run 11s. This can go on forever. You modded your mustang cause you wanted to. Let smoke here do the same. I dont understand what the big deal is.

FWIW, Id stay away from the Dodges. Get a Honduh or a Mazduh.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Id rather spend $6K to make a 13 second car run 11s. This can go on forever. You modded your mustang cause you wanted to. Let smoke here do the same. I dont understand what the big deal is.

FWIW, Id stay away from the Dodges. Get a Honduh or a Mazduh.

Fish, I think you need to wipe off your goggles duders, since Mark was pointing out that the OP wants to mod his GA... not that he should mod a mustang...

Step away from the keyboard, rub the fish scales outta your eyes and get back to us.

mmmkthx.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Fish, I think you need to wipe off your goggles duders, since Mark was pointing out that the OP wants to mod his GA... not that he should mod a mustang...

Step away from the keyboard, rub the fish scales outta your eyes and get back to us.

mmmkthx.

I know the guy wants to mod a GA. Let him do what he wants.

Another example for you. Everyone could say you are dumb for modding a TA when if you sunk that money into a C5, you would be faster. :s00ls:

Never ending storryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
do it OP. i have big plans for my car too. mine might never get off the ground... but 6-7k is about how much i will end up spending between fuel system. tuning, turbo upgrades and various other shit. the downfall? the fastest 1.8T A4 is like 12.6 seconds. BUT there a a ton of big turbo A4's running between 12.6 and 13 lol. so its easy to hit 12's just not low 12's

Thread Info