Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by syP@May 11 2006, 12:16 AM
i doubt your car sounds good at WOT... Zoomers car doesnt... either does MATT M's

you cant make this car sound good at WOT... you just cant.

if you want to argue.. prove it to me with a video clip...
[snapback]125377[/snapback]​

In all fairness, Matt Ms car sounds aLOT better then the Viper he smoked.

FWIW.

Also videos do no justice for their cars. You have to hear them in person. B)

Originally posted by 1fastGTP@May 11 2006, 07:16 AM
so get rid of the slp? or just keep it and throw the resinator?
[snapback]125390[/snapback]​

Keep the SLP and weld in a resonator, should get rid of most of the rasp you wanna eliminate. If you have no cat, a resonator should give you the space you've taken away to quiet it down. Dont fix it if it aint broke.

I get kinda frustrated when people fight about exhaust sound over the internet, everyone has a like and dislike to everyday driving. What some consider too loud, some may consider just right. Seeing words on a screen do not compinsate for real life sound. It's all a matter of prefrence when it comes down to it, because there is no exact science to this.

If your considering spending the time and money to redo your whole exhaust setup which would equal big bucks, why not start small, like a resonator and go from there. If that is still not the result your looking for, change the mufflers etc.

Just my 2 cents

I

imported_1fastGTP

i got ya i have a guy that will buy my exhaust if i do decide to sell it. so the 400 i get off this and then buyin the new setup should be maybe 50-100 more which isnt bad in my eyes. Just as long as it gets rid of that sound. Thing is i dont wanna chop up the slp. so i gotta think a little more on this.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@May 11 2006, 07:16 AM
its all about sound with cat backs
if you dont like your exhaust...you can change it, up i have 3 times
and im just now happy with it
cheapest way- keep all piping change just mufflers and get rid of the res. all together. that will change things a little.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by SINr247+May 11 2006, 01:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-1fastGTP
@May 11 2006, 07:16 AM
its all about sound with cat backs
if you dont like your exhaust...you can change it, up i have 3 times
and im just now happy with it
cheapest way- keep all piping change just mufflers and get rid of the res. all together. that will change things a little.
[snapback]125436[/snapback]​
[/b]

wait so keep how my piping is on the slp get rid of the mufflers and just buy the force?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
his is also no cat 3*piping, and 3* mufflers in/out
you have smaller piping and a cat, it will sound alot more mellow and less raspy
he will probly put a cat on at somepoint and it will sound mean as hell like it did before he did the DP and fake cat, he has headers to put on this month(same as yours) if you want to wait to hear it call him up and ask him when hes not going to be lazy

I

imported_GraFFix

I had the same issue...TOG headers, no cat, 3" custom DP, 3" to the Y then 2.5" to dynomax ultraflos.

The car sounded awesome before I put the togs on..(my opinion) but then once the togs went on i had that raspy ricey sound anytime i was over 2500rpm.

I added a summit brand glass pack - $29 shipped and am fairly happy with the sound now. doesnt sound as good as it did pre-togs but its definatly not raspy anymore.

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
I have the exact same setup you do and I love it now! I dont know when you first installed your exhaust? but when I first did It sounded increadibly ricey...Sounded like absolute crap... After I put about 1,000 miles on it, it sounded a million times better! Now I cant live w/o the sound, I love it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info