TV Opinions on Hisense TVs?

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
They're definitely solid for the price. I had my motherboard go out within the first year but it was replaced under warranty.

I originally got the Lowest tier TV of 2020 and I couldn't stand the motion blur. I returned it and upgraded to the next level and have no major complaints.

The biggest issue is the TV likes to tell you it's running out of storage when it isn't. I just click continue and move on with life

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm not a fan of mine and I bought one of the better 65" models. The TV was awesome the first month and ever since then I havent been happy. Motherboard took a shit within the first month, they sent a repairman out who didnt know dick. He replaced the motherboard and another board because he didnt know which one was bad. He said, they sent me both I might as well replace both. I honestly think he replaced them with a lower model TV board. I remember he was having a hard time verifying if the parts they sent were actually for my TV. I've complained to their customer service which is horrible imo, and they want you to jump thru hoops to get anything done. No fucking thanks as I dont watch TV enough to care, but just giving you my honest opinion.
I've had issues with it communicating with my cable box when I had cable. It wont play nice with my Bose sound bar when connecting via HDMI.
The TV and soundbar both do weird shit when connected that way. Its been fine with the optical cable. But I still dont think the picture is all that great.
I'd never buy another one

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I bought 2 tv’s after Black Friday a 65 inch Hisense for $250 and a tcl 55 inch for $199 and they both work except the Hisense smart tv is really slow and laggy I usually have to un plug it from the power once a week which before it was once a month I’m sure she will go down this year but for what I paid I got my moneys worth. I’m also not sure if it’s because I don’t use on the daily and power it up.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I have a 2020 R8 series 65” Hisense upstairs the past 2 years. It’s been fine. I’m not a TV guy by any means so I’m not picky. I primarily watch YouTube and don’t play video games.

I have a 55” 1080p Toshiba from 2008 in my basement and it looks fucking awful compared to my R8 65” upstairs. That’s basically an apples to rotten broccoli comparison but that’s what I’ve got. Looks like the U8H has double the native refresh rate of my older R8 and also the mini LED backlighting whatever that is. I considered a higher end LG for the basement, but having two young boys I’m sure something’s going to get chucked at it at some point so I’ll wait. My ceiling is low down there so it would be easy for them to wack it with something.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Love mine it’s been great. Probably have had it for 3ish years. It’s now in the kids playroom and spends most of its time playing Nintendo Switch games. Picture quality is excellent!
To be honest this purchase is definitely being driven mostly by gaming.

Currently have a 75" Samsung in the living room, but is only capable of 60 Hertz refresh rate.

I have an 65" LG C1 in the mancave where the PS5 is at and it is a ridiculously good set all the way around....but the 77" version is almost $2600.

This Hisense unit meets all the gaming requirements and is bright as fuck which is key because my living room has 4 windows and a patio door.

Gonna roll the dice and see what happens.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Amazon shows the 75" as not available ?

Best Buy has the best price I could find with 0% for 24 months.

Think that's the way I'm gonna roll.

Oops, thought that was the 65” because that’s how much it cost the other day on Best Buy. Looks like they have the 65” for $899 also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info