One neat trick to totaling your exotic car (number 4 is like woah!)

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
south park omg GIF by Comedy Central

Reactions: Blownbyyou

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It will have repercussions on your payments but it will be small compared to an actual cash value policy.

M Mike K I would be worried about California inspections. As well as if you will be able to insure with Haggerty again under a salvage title for agreed value. It may have to be an ACV policy or a market based policy.
California inspection is really easy. It's literally a headlight/ tail light check. lol

As for Hagerty, I asked about that. They said that not only do they insure it but they're not even removing the car from the policy. It's still insured for the same value.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
California inspection is really easy. It's literally a headlight/ tail light check. lol

As for Hagerty, I asked about that. They said that not only do they insure it but they're not even removing the car from the policy. It's still insured for the same value.
Total it again :s00ls:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
So, a month has passed and still no payout. Not sure what the issue is. My adjuster has been very responsive. Hagerty doesn't appear to have any of their own appraisers. They use a third party company. The guy from that company went over to the BMW while the car was there and was perplexed that the cost of repair was so high. BMW explained it to him and that's what he based his estimate on. My adjuster gave me the payout and explained the process but told me it would go into review because of the amount but that it should only be delayed a few days because of that. This was nearly three weeks ago. I've followed up several times and he tells me they're waiting to hear back from the third party appraiser. This is apparently where the process is locked up. Nonetheless, it's been another 3 weeks and I have no payout and now my adjuster is harder to get ahold of (presumably because of hurricane Ian I'm sure).

I'll update again when I hear back or when I have money. I'm not soured on the experience yet and understand it's an situation.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
M Mike K Yes, all third party adjusters are in Florida. The latest report is $42 billion in losses. The property insurance carriers are even more rattled than ever before. Expect home insurance cost to go up and hurricane season goes through November.

This year we got hit with 20% increases on auto insurance because the value of our cars going up in value, along with supplies to repair. Now we can expect similar for home owners insurance in my opinion.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
M Mike K Yes, all third party adjusters are in Florida. The latest report is $42 billion in losses. The property insurance carriers are even more rattled than ever before. Expect home insurance cost to go up and hurricane season goes through November.

This year we got hit with 20% increases on auto insurance because the value of our cars going up in value, along with supplies to repair. Now we can expect similar for home owners insurance in my opinion.
I pay 5k a year for home owners as it is because my house is in a wildfire zone. So that's already jacked to the tits. lol

I just received the portal asking for payment information and they confirmed payment today. So that's nice. Now I have to register my salvage title BMW i8.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info