Oil changes.. Anyone work for a place?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I usually do it myself too, but it's a pain getting the car up, especially since it's dropped.

And my oil screw is on the side of the pan aiming towards the rear of the car. So when I twist the plug off, I have to aim my oil catcher about 2 feet back from the pan and I always spill some oil on the ground...

boosh, would you guys do my car? I'm going over my mile mark b/c I'm too lazy to do it this time of year... and I think most of us know what happens to my motor when you get lazy on the oil changes... :(

yea no problem. we use pits so even lowered cars can go to my shop. we have the filter in stock. in your case its a pf53 oil filter. and im not sure about the amount of oil, but it should be around $31.11 so in othwer words $21.11 for you.

and as always no appointment needed, and if we get you in and arent super busy it should only take about 5 minutes

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
the ONLY reason i go to oil works is b/c i stand right by my car the whole time and watch them work...the manager usually walks over and talks with me as well so i trust those guys...been taking my cars there since they opened

Having been a mechanic before, I can say this and really mean it.

That is SOOOO fucking annoying. I mean, as long as you are cool with them and they dont seem to mind its all good.

I had this one customer with an 03 STi, Full suspension, turbo and all that shit. He'd come in and we would shoot the shit. Actually he had no idea what would be good specs for a performance alignment so I told him what I reccomended and told him that if he didnt like the way it handled we could change it. I set him up with 2 Degrees of camber in the front A little bit of extra toe and 1.5 Degrees of camber out back. I pulled the car out of the shop, then we went out and he drove the fuck out of it and said he loved it. He came back a few times just to get it re-adjusted and I never saw him again.

Shit, we used to do speedycoop's Mini. Actually they still do. Thats a track car as well.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i usually get out of the car and instantly two of the guys (assuming they arent busy) walk over and start asking me stuff...most of them remember me b/c of the GTP or the srt so i usually just talk to them..i dont like lean over my engine and stare at them ....i lean against the wall and space out...but usually its just spent talking to whichever guy comes up to me

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
i usually get out of the car and instantly two of the guys (assuming they arent busy) walk over and start asking me stuff...most of them remember me b/c of the GTP or the srt so i usually just talk to them..i dont like lean over my engine and stare at them ....i lean against the wall and space out...but usually its just spent talking to whichever guy comes up to me

Then your good.

carry on!

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
my lowered camaro fits in there fine.
I worked in the Quick lube for a year as a grease monkey and managed it for like 8 months untill boosh took over.
Knowing how its run, and the people that work there. Id trust my car 100%.
Granted i do my own car, but my parents n all my family goes there. Boosh will hook it up.
And when you need service. Come see me about 100 feet from him in the service department... We can get parts too :D

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
the ONLY reason i go to oil works is b/c i stand right by my car the whole time and watch them work...the manager usually walks over and talks with me as well so i trust those guys...been taking my cars there since they opened

Exactly. I goto Oil Pro because I know the people there. They have worked on my cars for awhile. I always end up sitting at my car chatting with the guy working on it. I dont feel like freezing my ass off. Sorry for not wanting to do my own work and letting other that I know to be smart enough do it.

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
im not sure if i should be offended by that or not.
Nope. Infact its almost the same if not cheaper at times to get it done instead of doing it yourself. I still get my hands dirty but I pay to have the maintence done, and they become liable for labor flaws instead of you biting it and having to pay for a new engine if you drop a plug or blow a filter.

Last edited:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
yea no problem. we use pits so even lowered cars can go to my shop. we have the filter in stock. in your case its a pf53 oil filter. and im not sure about the amount of oil, but it should be around $31.11 so in othwer words $21.11 for you.

and as always no appointment needed, and if we get you in and arent super busy it should only take about 5 minutes

what about for mobile 1 syn or any other good synthetic?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info