Oil changes.. Anyone work for a place?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
troll1 /troÊŠl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[trohl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,
–verb (used with object) 1. to sing or utter in a full, rolling voice.
2. to sing in the manner of a round or catch.
3. to fish for or in with a moving line, working the line up or down with a rod, as in fishing for pike, or trailing the line behind a slow-moving boat.
4. to move (the line or bait) in doing this.
5. to cause to turn round and round; roll.
6. Obsolete. to hand around, as a bowl of liquor at table.
–verb (used without object) 7. to sing with a full, rolling voice; give forth full, rolling tones.
8. to be uttered or sounded in such tones.
9. to fish by trolling.
10. to roll; turn round and round.
11. to move nimbly, as the tongue in speaking.
–noun 12. a song whose parts are sung in succession; a round.
13. the act of trolling.
14. a lure used in trolling for fish.

so
stfu.gif

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Wow.... This thread is going well...

If you don't do it yourself they are all the same, usually poorly trained "mechanics" that put on no name filters and insert some overpriced brand name oil. Oh and sometimes they remember to tighten the drain plug.

I would go to a private mechanic, no oil change place, probably have a better chance of getting a decent filter and a mechanic that knows more than just drain oil and fill.

John

Freddy

Addict
Jan 15, 2008
Chicago
I use to go to Firestone.. and yes, they have fucked up a few times.. Sometimes you can find coupons to oil places, or open a credit card with them and it saves you money too.

I started doing the oil changes myself because we were doing 3 car oil changes every 6 weeks thus becoming expensive. I changed to synthetic oil, and some oil that I have to change every 6 months or 7500 miles and I saved a ton of money and time. I do hate doing the oil change during winter! I hate how and where the oil filter is located for the Subaru and the Nissan!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
sure, and u think ur all badass cause ur admin of a site, ur full of shit and think your all powerful

Funny thing is, he has done NOTHING even remotely abusive as admin and has contributed new skins (I'm using one of them) and a huge number of new members, and is doing anything BUT 'power tripping'.

All you sound is Jealous Matt, Chill out. I don't change my oil either this time of year, in fact, I've only changed if on my focus once EVER, I've always brought it to the dealership or farm and fleet where I'm friends with the employees and I know they do a good job because personally I don't like to change my oil, its messy, time consuming, and boring, while I'd happily tear the head off my engine because I find it fun.

Just because someone doesn't wanna change their oil doesn't mean he is lazy, or not a car enthusiast, let alone have ANYTHING to do with him being an admin.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i'm an admin, but that's for other purposes.

not for talking shit back to you silentdork.

hopefully this thread can get back on track now, i'm looking forward to my next oil change :p

Honestly, having a friend do it for you for a few bucks can be a mixed thing because A) Yes its cheap labor, B) What if something happens.

I find it best to bring it to a shop where you KNOW someone there so they can hook you up, and you know they are gonna do a good job, and incase something DOES happen the shop is liable and you are safe.

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
Ryan, go to Piemonte or Spring Hill Ford, they have quick lubes there and they are trained and carry very decent filters and oil. Besides oil is all the same( not including synthetics) its just a different name on a different box. usually takes the same amount of time to do it there as it does waiting at stiffy spudge.

Or bring it over here when I do mine next. only takes 5 minutes to change oil.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I usually do it myself too, but it's a pain getting the car up, especially since it's dropped.

And my oil screw is on the side of the pan aiming towards the rear of the car. So when I twist the plug off, I have to aim my oil catcher about 2 feet back from the pan and I always spill some oil on the ground...

boosh, would you guys do my car? I'm going over my mile mark b/c I'm too lazy to do it this time of year... and I think most of us know what happens to my motor when you get lazy on the oil changes... :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info