Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not really, no. People like to say that there have been cases of going blind but I did some research and at least back when I had mine done, zero cases of major fuckups in the US. You sometimes can get floaters after the surgery but I've also read that they eventually clear up or theyre not bad enough to notice after awhile. Its rare tho.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The laser eye surgery was the best $3200 I ever spent. My contacts were -8.5 to -9.0 depending on the MFG. I didn't have the "newest" version, where they laser the flap first. My eyes were so bad they used the chemical version to burn the front of the eye off, then did the laser. I can get my right eye touched up once, my left eye is already at the minimum FDA thickness. Went from 20/M to 20/40 in about two weeks. Worked down to 20/30, then 20/20 with the ability to see some 20/15, but the lighting conditions need to be just right. Overall took about 4 weeks to get to the 20/20 - 20/25 level. That was October of 2015 and they haven't changed, which impresses my optimistrist due to my age. They figure within a few years (about five) you'd be needing corrective lenses, maybe just cheaters for reading. I'm the exception, so far.

My friend got the newer version, with the laser for the flap. Her glasses were -4.0, now she's 20/10. She can read street signs before I even know the signs are even there.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
EVERYONE's eyes start to get worse around 40. They even told me that with lasik, it will still happen. But when it does, I can just get them touched up for free.99

My eyes are weirdly sensitive to light though, basically during the day, outside, I'm wearing sunglasses. I asked the doctor about it, and she said just wear good polarized sunglasses, and send it, aside from dryness/strain from allergies, I was good. One of the few things on my body that works like it should...for now :hsughlol:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

i_cant_be_the_only_o.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
EVERYONE's eyes start to get worse around 40. They even told me that with lasik, it will still happen. But when it does, I can just get them touched up for free.99
Biggest turnoff from lasik plus was reading all the reviews of people that had trouble AFTER a year and then being told they can’t get lasik done again to correct but could get PDK. Also wasn’t a fan of wanting money for an actual consult vs over the phone.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Biggest turnoff from lasik plus was reading all the reviews of people that had trouble AFTER a year and then being told they can’t get lasik done again to correct but could get PDK. Also wasn’t a fan of wanting money for an actual consult vs over the phone.

Hmm, I hadnt ready any reviews like that...at least not local reviews. But everywhere is different.
Could also be regional? Guessing just inflation like every thing else.

Ah yes, regional for sure could affect pricing.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name