Official Top Gear UK Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
i checked out after the first hour. Id say that chris evans is a down syndrome Brick Top from Snatch, but that would be an insult to people w/ down syndrome.

I feel sorry for Matt LeBlanc. Given top gears history, he only exists on that show to be a UK vs US joker. Mabye US top gear will throw him a bone when his UK contract expires.

The new rallycross track, I can only imagine is some kind of financial partnership to try and bring more awareness to rallycross racing, which is to say up until last weekend, I didnt even know the global rally cross championship raced right in my back yard.

Every show has growing pains. I guess we'll just see where this one goes. But in the meantime, give me Clarkson, May, and Hammond on Amazon!

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
It started out great with the Viper, but that whole bit felt like its was too scripted, and that evans didn't know shit about cars. Leblanc did better than I thought with his dullness. Was entertaining in the Nomad. But the land rover jeep thing was just dumb.

Have yet to watch extra gear. Not really a fan of Harris tho so we'll see

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
34C571AF00000578-3616514-image-a-7_1464629745176.jpg

34C571B400000578-3616514-Fighting_back_Chris_Evans_today_said_that_the_new_show_was_a_hit-a-8_1464629745177.jpg

Top Gear opens with lowest audience in a decade as first episode with Chris Evans branded 'boring' by fans

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I wanted to like it. I tried, but Evans was just too terrible. The show definitely seemed too scripted. I hope they don't play the U.S. Vs UK card every show. If top gear has any option or choice at all, they need to keep Evans from being the main host. To me, he has single handedly made the show suck. Chemistry seems very forced.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I actually thought Chris Evans was pretty good. Lots of energy and he seemed like a natural at it. As for LeBlanc I didn't really care for him TBH esp his whole "tough guy wannabe badass" act. He was my fav character on friends tho... (well aside from Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox :wink:)

Chris Evans is also an eccentric Ferrari collector tho. Jump to 37 min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNk6673QvGs?t=37m5s

As others mentioned the Top Gear/Top Gun chase thing was pretty cool even tho it was scripted. I was mad they didn't run the Z06 around the track unless they already did in a previous episode? Dune Buggy thing was pretty good. Reliant robin cruise was dumb, Jeep & Land Rover competition was mostly dumb and the costumes were just absurdly retarded. New celebrity car track is stupid too.

I'll stick with it for a little while. My first impression is "it wasn't AS the glory days with Clarkson" but who cares? It involves cars, and I'd rather watch cars then 90% of the other shit thats on TV these days.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
He really is the least likeable thing about the this new top gear. Sabine really should be top host. I've even been on the fence about Matt, but this week, the composure he showed while being subjected to Ken Blocks shenanigans really went a long way in his favor in my opinion. The bit with Evans losing his breakfast after a couple laps of laguna w/ Sabine, if it was acting, that was just a stupid bit. And if it was real, he doesn't deserve to drive cars for a living. Either way it was stupid.

Loved the RS piece as well, tho I still don't know the name of that guy. Extra gear actually was Ok, I liked all the behind the scenes stuff.

And I'll watch Chris Harris throw ultra expensive cars around a track all day long. But thats just me.

Star in a rallycross car is still stupid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info