Official TCG Tour 2016 - Aug 26-28/29 - The Gang Goes to Kentucky

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I apologize to everyone for bitching about being hot all weekend. I'm sure (I know) it got old and was obnoxious. I didnt even realize how much I was doing it until I thought on it after getting home.

I had a blast tho. Gonna do it bigger and better next year.

Honestly didn't bother me. Hell, I had AC, and I got annoyed by the heat.

You and Jim had nothin' on those long drives.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What can I say besides it was a FUCKING AWESOME trip!!!!!! Car honestly exceeded my expectations and performed like champ. Can't wait for the next round of mods. The days were packed with kick ass driving and nights full of laughs!
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] thanks for being someone to bitch with for not having AC the whole trip
[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] thanks for carrying the biggest load on organizing this whole thing and giving me a good highway run.
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] thanks for driving exceedingly fast EVERYWHERE and swinging your big C6 Z06 wang ;)
[MENTION=113]BLOWN GP[/MENTION] aka AllenDavis thanks for our budding bromance, meme dominance, and military pressing 100 lbs dumbbells
[MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION] thanks to you and Heather for all of the photography effort and super sized Jenga, made the nights awesome!
[MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION] thanks for your media efforts as well and sparking up the conversation with the Kentucky "business women", that set the tone for the entire evening
[MENTION=1909]utryd2[/MENTION] thanks for letting me cool down and row some gears in the CTS-V. Also thank you for not killing me in the car by doing a 1/4 mile blast on an 1/8 mile road reaching speeds of 100+ mph in a 25 mph lane while we wore no seatbelt in a packed car after we were not able to do a sufficient burnout.
[MENTION=12014]CntrlFreak[/MENTION] it was great to meet you! Thanks for your sarcasm and laughs.
[MENTION=4762]LoveSpank[/MENTION] thanks for getting the shirts taken care of and wearing your helmet while driving!
[MENTION=11102]Venomous[/MENTION] thanks for the great highway runs and all of the info for a day at the track, the want is strong!
[MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION] thanks for almost ruining the hood on your car with safety cone colored plastidip and argumentative banter, love it!

[MENTION=126]Dasfinc[/MENTION] & [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] thank you for keeping hotel workers in check, also verifying credentials, and helping out with the mishap earlier.
[MENTION=10779]Omicron[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12474]Angela@KRWINS[/MENTION] thanks for giving me a reprieve from the heat and for letting me drive the 235i, car was sweet!
[MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] thanks for giving me a ton of meme material!
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] thanks for educating me on how to pass a piss test FO SHO!
[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] thanks for still denying you have a 007 cam in the Z06 and the hilarity in the pool with the Kentucky "business women"!
[MENTION=240]c5z06speedjon[/MENTION] thanks for your drunken hilarity and obnoxious Tinder texts to random women!
[MENTION=7534]wolfe[/MENTION] thanks for coming out to hang with us in your home town, it was great seeing you again bud!
[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] thanks for packing heat and keeping a watchful eye on the parking lot vagrant the first night! Tell Bo thanks for coming out too!
[MENTION=387]firemandan1700[/MENTION] thanks for bringing out the Fireball and getting that chick with the big pontoons so wasted that it cock blocked [MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION]!
[MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION] thanks for being [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] 's nemesis!
[MENTION=2933]Thirdgen89GTA[/MENTION] thanks for being a part of the tour and getting aggressive with the Focus! Car is sick!

Thanks to everyone that came along, I think everybody brought something unique to the trip and really made it awesome. Can't wait for next year!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I had a blast. Thx to everyone who came along and even those who made brief appearances! Sorry to those who had their cars taken out by my pavement destroying Z06.

Really enjoyed Saturday's busy schedule. I was very impressed that everyone made it up and out by 8am! Makers was awesome and so was the Vette museum!

Can't wait for next year.

Tail of the dragon anyone?? :naughty:

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
We had a chance to walk around and hit the observation deck. Definitely looked fun to drive but registration was closed because no instructors were available.

Had a chance to do several "touring" laps earlier in May. Nice 3.2 mile track and the "Sinkhole" is definitely an interesting set of curves. Good elevation changes along w challenging curves. I believe a 4000' front straight also.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I had a blast. Thx to everyone who came along and even those who made brief appearances! Sorry to those who had their cars taken out by my pavement destroying Z06.

Really enjoyed Saturday's busy schedule. I was very impressed that everyone made it up and out by 8am! Makers was awesome and so was the Vette museum!

Can't wait for next year.

Tail of the dragon anyone?? :naughty:

wait... after you drove over that bridge is when the pavement started to break up and cause the accidents with the BMW's?

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
Even though we took the most reliable car we had, our luck wasn't so good with a blown tire on the first day & part of the road coming up on a bridge in front of our cars on the last day. What a freak accident. I swear it felt like pieces of plywood coming from everywhere like missels. Despite that, it was an awesome trip.

Thanks to [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] for planning.
Thanks to [MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION] & Heather for the ride to Dryer & Reinbolt & the awesome Giant Jenga set for parking lot fun.
Thanks to [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] & [MENTION=11102]Venomous[/MENTION] for taking us home.
Thanks to everyone that stayed with us outside of Peoria & got us cold water.
Thanks to [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] for letting Paul drive your car & sitting in a comfy car for a bit. Don't need to slow down when taking turns. Haha
And thanks to everybody else for making me laugh & being there for us.

At least nobody was hurt. I will be glad to get my bimmer back. At least I don't have to drive back to Peoria to get it back. I was worried about that most of all. Kind of want to avoid that area for awhile!!

Thread Info