🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
tenor.gif

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Update:

The appraiser actually held firm. He said he believes these people when they built the house 15 years ago overpaid. And then in the last year spent 60,000 dollars over improving the house.

I disagree with this, but thankfully the sellers came down in price, and we are signing today. I personally feel brand new hardwood floors, brand new kitchen cabinets and appliances among many other large ticket items should be taken into the account by the appraiser. I think he’s being a dick, but at least it worked out.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Like people said above it’s all bullshit though. Because the home had to have appraised when they built it brand new, so this guy is just under valuing everything. Not to mention it’s a custom neighborhood. Buy a lot and build your home basically. There are some monster ranches with 7 car garages here. Your telling me they are not worth 500k on over an acre?

Gtfo

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

Dang

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I love the outside the field is nice too away from people, the inside not so much. It’s just my opinion. Not in my budget of course so my opinion means nothing lol

Personally I don’t feel the outside matches what’s inside. It just feels off. I think you were getting at that as well with your outside castle comment.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The market just seems to keep building steam... fuck I’m tempted to list my house lately lol

It’s great for sure. I would say as long as your looking to buy something more forever etc. I honestly feel a crash is coming. For us, we are planning to stay in this next house for 30 years hopefully.

If I wasn’t looking at this as a long time thing I would not be buying right now.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
My “forever” property is 350-500k right now lol. Nothing extravagant as far as a house goes, just an 1,800-2,400 sq/ft ranch on 40+ acres with outbuildings. As much tillable land as possible would be ideal.

My half hearted thought is to sell my house and move to my place in Hayward, Wis. which is about 360 miles from where I’m at now, or right around 5.5 hours if you do 5 over and have one 10 minute stop. I’d move up there and then throw my buddy (former roommate, bought a 3br house and lives alone) $150-200/mo to have my own bedroom with a bed and desk when I would need to be down here. I already keep my trailers and any overflow trucks at his place and work on a lot of stuff out of his barn as it is.

A 5 hour day in the car is pretty normal for me so I’m halfway used to working while driving whether it be setting alarms on phone for when I need to jump on an auction to bid, phone calls, whatever, so it wouldn’t be too different minus potential cabin fever up there lol.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
My “forever” property is 350-500k right now lol. Nothing extravagant as far as a house goes, just an 1,800-2,400 sq/ft ranch on 40+ acres with outbuildings. As much tillable land as possible would be ideal.

My half hearted thought is to sell my house and move to my place in Hayward, Wis. which is about 360 miles from where I’m at now, or right around 5.5 hours if you do 5 over and have one 10 minute stop. I’d move up there and then throw my buddy (former roommate, bought a 3br house and lives alone) $150-200/mo to have my own bedroom with a bed and desk when I would need to be down here. I already keep my trailers and any overflow trucks at his place and work on a lot of stuff out of his barn as it is.

A 5 hour day in the car is pretty normal for me so I’m halfway used to working while driving whether it be setting alarms on phone for when I need to jump on an auction to bid, phone calls, whatever, so it wouldn’t be too different minus potential cabin fever up there lol.

If you find that property go for it right now for sure. I know we won’t make much if anything on this next house. Our current house we made 70 grand on in 4-1/2 years. We won’t see that again lol. At least not on this next place haha.

Right now it’s sell high buy high. So a win lose situation.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
If you find that property go for it right now for sure. I know we won’t make much if anything on this next house. Our current house we made 70 grand on in 4-1/2 years. We won’t see that again lol. At least not on this next place haha.

Right now it’s sell high buy high. So a win lose situation.

My point in moving north and just bunking up at a friends place when needed in this area would be to sell high, ride it out and buy low when the market decides to correct.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

You and OffshoreDrilling OffshoreDrilling are really my idols... I would to be at my cabin year round

Thread Info