🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
There will be stop signs at every crossroad in, out, and around the subdivision. Lights that only respond to the major road traffic every 100ft for the children. Karens will make sure there are speed bumps every 50 ft to deter you from even THINKING about leaving 1st gear.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
There will be stop signs at every crossroad in, out, and around the subdivision. Lights that only respond to the major road traffic every 100ft for the children. Karens will make sure there are speed bumps every 50 ft to deter you from even THINKING about leaving 1st gear.
Yup

Can't wait to gtfo

Reactions: DEEZUZ

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Sooooo I think I mentioned it in here but the farm behind my house was sold. That's fine, knew it would happen at some point, and figured I'd be out before it happened. I start construction on the new house in a month so it is what it is. I figured basically any decent sized house with a basement sells for 300k nowadays so I wasn't worried, it's not like I'm in a 500k house that has a lot of value to lose.

BUT...i just found out this week that it was purchased by literally the cheapest builder in NWI. My house appraised at 320k a couple months ago, and these clowns sell all-siding junk houses starting at 250k. Might end up listing this place early and finding a short term rental which really sucks. My wife knows the president of our township board so she's going to get updated timing today, we'll use that info to make sure we have our place sold before this company starts doing pre-sold deals right behind me.

Really did not want to move twice, but I don't want to be competing directly with these shitty homes. If I have to drop the price down from 320 I don't really care, but what I don't want is to be trying to sell this place for 290 and getting no takers because there's 200 lots available right behind me with homes starting at 250k.

Ownership still hasn't changed on the county website so the deal is probably going through right about now. They still have zoning changes, approvals, utilities, roads blahblahblah so I'm really hoping those delays take them 6+ months down the road. really REALLY REALLY hoping that's the case.
Got some relief here. Wife talked to the head honcho for the town. He said roads will be in mid-late summer, construction at EOY, probably nobody moving in until early 2022. So I can easily list this June/July and be unaffected. I won’t be competing with those junk houses if they’re still 6+ months away from completion

Whew

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
We will see. Our attorney is work on this now. Hopefully it will work out with minimal stress, but given the neighborhood it’s in, everyone was shocked. If they thought it was over valued our team would have told us not to proceed with our offer.

We will see. Just another road bump and stress we didn’t need
Had this happen on the house we bought back in June. Purchase price was $740k, appraisal came in at $715k. Sellers wouldn’t work with us since they would get another offer the next day out here. We did everything we could to ‘appeal’ the appraisal but the appraiser just sat back and said it was his professional opinion.

Had to stop that mortgage and get another mortgage company and second appraisal done in less than 2 weeks before closing! Second appraisal came in at $740k...
I’m closing on a refi next week. That appraisal came in at $785k.... Residential appraisals are almost worthless.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Had this happen on the house we bought back in June. Purchase price was $740k, appraisal came in at $715k. Sellers wouldn’t work with us since they would get another offer the next day out here. We did everything we could to ‘appeal’ the appraisal but the appraiser just sat back and said it was his professional opinion.

Had to stop that mortgage and get another mortgage company and second appraisal done in less than 2 weeks before closing! Second appraisal came in at $740k...
I’m closing on a refi next week. That appraisal came in at $785k.... Residential appraisals are almost worthless.
Great job putting forth the effort ????????so many people don't

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

We are working on it now. The appraisal is for sure low, something is off. Our broker knows the owner of the appraisal company and is reaching out to him. We also do not believe the appraiser took into account the many updates the sellers did. They have receipts for almost 60,000 in updates. But on the appraiser sheet he comments “no updates made in the past 15 years since the home was built”

The sellers already responded they believe the current price is fair. However they did reach out to our realtor as well to help provide proof if needed.

So everyone is for sure trying. Just a waiting game now.

Reactions: Jon01 and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
We are working on it now. The appraisal is for sure low, something is off. Our broker knows the owner of the appraisal company and is reaching out to him. We also do not believe the appraiser took into account the many updates the sellers did. They have receipts for almost 60,000 in updates. But on the appraiser sheet he comments “no updates made in the past 15 years since the home was built”

The sellers already responded they believe the current price is fair. However they did reach out to our realtor as well to help provide proof if needed.

So everyone is for sure trying. Just a waiting game now.
Just keep fucking trying man. Don't take no for an answer. Seriously. All this shit is subjective. Keep fighting.

Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Just keep pushing back, you'll get them there.
Appraisals are so subjective - make sure the comps they're using accurately represent the home you're looking at buying. Size, condition, location, lot size.

The market is insane right now, low rates are driving prices way up.
I'm trying to get ours done so I can cash out and move to a small town and wait for it to all fall apart.

• Haha
Reactions: DEEZUZ and Yaj Yak

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
The market is insane right now, low rates are driving prices way up.
I'm trying to get ours done so I can cash out and move to a small town and wait for it to all fall apart.
So true.

I’m waiting for official word any day from my company that my job is going fully remote. Then we’ll sell this place ASAP and benefit from the high prices, especially after buying this house only 7 months ago... Then off to coastal living for us.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
So true.

I’m waiting for official word any day from my company that my job is going fully remote. Then we’ll sell this place ASAP and benefit from the high prices, especially after buying this house only 7 months ago... Then off to coastal living for us.

I've been hesitant to buy a house right now for this reason. My company is going through a merger though, so I probably won't know anything until the end of this year. I'd like to buy something by spring, but really don't want to end up buying something close to my office only to find out my job is going remote.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i have no fucking idea whats going on here.

1610978207467.png

1610978259643.png

1610978302992.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

this house has a fucking impressive AF kitchen

1610979372304.png

1610979492727.png

Reactions: Shawn1112