Shed in the rain

20210817_180442.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Same. Wanted to replace my 8x8 with something larger this past summer, but lumber prices prevented that.

In CS anything over 8x8 is considered a permanent structure, and requires a permit. So damn stupid.

If you are traveling on County Farm Rd through the north end of Carol Stream, look at the southwest corner where it crosses Woodhill (block north of Lies Rd). There are five pale yellow sheds in the back yard. The owner didn’t want to get a permit to build something larger. It’s an eyesore.

A single 10x10’ needs a permit, but five smaller ones don’t?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Years ago we were building my Brother a fence. We were in his garage loading material off a truck when we hear "I hope you are gettin a permit, I'm calling city hall right now"

We turn around, it's his asshole old neighbor in his yard telling us.

I hate people like that

Reactions: Fish

Chris91LX

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 2, 2008
Crystal Lake
So my contractor who was supposed to build my 10x15 shed on the new 15x15 concrete pad flaked out on me. I had to have something so I bought a plastic shed from Menards and built a wood base for it on another area of my yard so I could put some of my crap away. Came out ok, but the problem with plastic is you can't hang stuff on the walls. Hope to build the new shed myself in the spring.

Small Shed.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Why are you pulling permits to build a shed? Unless you have an asshole neighbor, you should be able to get away with it. I’m not planning on pulling a permit when I finally build a new shed in the back corner of my yard where it should have been in the first place.

I pulled permits for mine because I was worried about one neighbor myself.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I pulled permits for mine because I was worried about one neighbor myself.
WTF is wrong with people? Neighbors are supposed to get along and look out for each other.
I had 1 neighbor in the city at my 1st apartment that was a busy body that always stuck his nose where it didnt belong. Old German dickhead with 2 Dobes that only understood German. The day I moved, we went back that night set his garage on fire and broke every fucking window out of the front of his house. Cocksucker saw the garage fire and put it out with a hose before in could fully engulf lmmfao.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
WTF is wrong with people? Neighbors are supposed to get along and look out for each other.
I had 1 neighbor in the city at my 1st apartment that was a busy body that always stuck his nose where it didnt belong. Old German dickhead with 2 Dobes that only understood German. The day I moved, we went back that night set his garage on fire and broke every fucking window out of the front of his house. Cocksucker saw the garage fire and put it out with a hose before in could fully engulf lmmfao.

giphy.gif

Thread Info