Official Ford Focus ST Discussion Thread

Depending on the dyno used you'll see anywhere from 300 to 350lbft at the wheels with just a tune.

My car will spin the fronts from 15 to 50mph with a 2nd gear roll on. destroys the tires as soon as it hits.

15mph_romp.gif

For that kind of torque it needs more tire and stiffer mounts.

RMM is a must, even if the TSB was done or not you can still get the bang and loads of wheelhop :p

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So I was looking thru the ST forum, as im one to do, and reading about a fellow az citizen who caught a thief in the act of trying to break into his car. Hes an Afghanistan combat vet, so he handled the situation w/ way more badassness than I could i ever dream of if i found myself in the same situation :rofl: but it got me thinking. W/ the keyless push button ignition in these cars, could they even be push started if someone were to get inside the car? OR say the battery is completely dead. W/ no power to the ECU, does this car even know what to do when the clutch is popped like on a "normal" manual car? Im inclined to say no....

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So I was looking thru the ST forum, as im one to do, and reading about a fellow az citizen who caught a thief in the act of trying to break into his car. Hes an Afghanistan combat vet, so he handled the situation w/ way more badassness than I could i ever dream of if i found myself in the same situation :rofl: but it got me thinking. W/ the keyless push button ignition in these cars, could they even be push started if someone were to get inside the car? OR say the battery is completely dead. W/ no power to the ECU, does this car even know what to do when the clutch is popped like on a "normal" manual car? Im inclined to say no....

If the PCM has power you can pop the clutch when rolling to get it started.

If the battery is so dead the PCM won't even power on then you can't start the car.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Makes sense. The only extra thing I opted for when I got my car was the upgraded alarm. So if anyone should try to venture inside w/out my permission it should disable the whole car anyways, as well as make quite a racket. Hell, I was washing my car over the weekend and had the car locked, and I had the windshield wipers pulled up, and one of them accidentally fell back onto the windshield and all hell broke loose :rofl:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Doesnt the key have to be near/in the car for security reasons?

Kind of. If the key is near the car, and the PCM is powered on you can push start the car.

And if the key walks away while the car is running the doors automatically lock. No idea what happens if someone tries to drive off in the car without the FOB.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info