šŸˆ NFL Official Chicago Bears Draft Discussion

What should the Bears do with the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Bears will unveil plans for a domed lakefront stadium totaling $2.5B to $3B. Bears say they will provide ~$2B that means taxpayers will be on the hook for the remainder.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

1713956233233.png

:rofl:

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Bears will unveil plans for a domed lakefront stadium totaling $2.5B to $3B. Bears say they will provide ~$2B that means taxpayers will be on the hook for the remainder.

The Score this morning reported $4.6b plus they still owe $600m on the shit hole they currently play in.
They are going to ask the public for $2.3b, I cant see that happening, but this is Illinois. Make a sizeable donation/donations to the right people and maybe

Reactions: Blood on Blood

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The Score this morning reported $4.6b plus they still owe $600m on the shit hole they currently play in.
They are going to ask the public for $2.3b, I cant see that happening, but this is Illinois. Make a sizeable donation/donations to the right people and maybe
Didn't reinsdorf basically get laughed out of the room when he asked for a billion dollars? No way an NFL stadium that sees 9 games a year plus whatever concerts they book will be worth $2b+ in public funding. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Didn't reinsdorf basically get laughed out of the room when he asked for a billion dollars? No way an NFL stadium that sees 9 games a year plus whatever concerts they book will be worth $2b+ in public funding. I'm curious to see how this plays out.
That cheap jew prick offered $200m of his own money on like a $2b stadium

It will be more than concerts, they will host the Super Bowl, Final 4, etc. But yeah I agree with you and am also curious to see how it plays out.
I'm still thinking its a power move to get AH to cave in. Why would they want a publicly owned stadium in Chgo, when they can own the stadium in AH?
Owning the stadium outright would add billions to the value of the team. Also, in AH they can build an entertainment district, they arent doing that in Chgo. They have no room and the city wont allow it.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
That cheap jew prick offered $200m of his own money on like a $2b stadium
Jerry Michael Reinsdorf is the owner of the NBA's Chicago Bulls and MLB's Chicago White Sox. He started his professional life as a tax attorney with the Internal Revenue Service. He has been the owner of the White Sox and Bulls for over 35 years. As of January 2024, his net worth was estimated at US$2.4 billion.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Jerry Michael Reinsdorf is the owner of the NBA's Chicago Bulls and MLB's Chicago White Sox. He started his professional life as a tax attorney with the Internal Revenue Service. He has been the owner of the White Sox and Bulls for over 35 years. As of January 2024, his net worth was estimated at US$2.4 billion.
The Bulls alone are worth almost $5B and I'm sure the SUX have to be worth at least $1B+

Reactions: Huggerorange73

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
While Illinois is gonna Illinois, the fact that the Bears actually had/have the audacity, or balls to ask Illinois taxpayers to shoulder an additional $2B+ absolutely fucking amazes me.

I wonder if this is more or less a "pie in the sky" option to;

1) Appease the city of Chicago in their cries to keep the Bears on the lakefront.
2) Show Arlington Heights and the Cook County assessors office that their greedy palms when they saw the Bears at Arlington, isn't going to fly. Then use it as leverage (not that they're changing counties or anything...).

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
While Illinois is gonna Illinois, the fact that the Bears actually had/have the audacity, or balls to ask Illinois taxpayers to shoulder an additional $2B+ absolutely fucking amazes me.

I wonder if this is more or less a "pie in the sky" option to;

1) Appease the city of Chicago in their cries to keep the Bears on the lakefront.
2) Show Arlington Heights and the Cook County assessors office that their greedy palms when they saw the Bears at Arlington, isn't going to fly. Then use it as leverage (not that they're changing counties or anything...).
5th most valuable franchise in the NFL pandering for money.
Screenshot 2024-04-24 074646.jpg

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

just cuz i was curious

2billion is like way more than any other stadium ever... on this list yankee stadium closest at 1.2

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
just cuz i was curious

2billion is like way more than any other stadium ever... on this list yankee stadium closest at 1.2

How much did SoFi Stadium cost to build? The venue reportedly cost $5.5 billion to build, making it the most expensive stadium in the world.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
How much did SoFi Stadium cost to build? The venue reportedly cost $5.5 billion to build, making it the most expensive stadium in the world.

right that's fine though idgaf about that, it was privately funded.

i was talking about the largest taxpayer funded stadium contributions

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So we all know Williams is going #1 to the Bears tomorrow. What do you want them to do with the #9 pick?
I'd love nothing more for them to get one of the top 3 WR even if it means moving up. But I dont want them to have to give up their #1 next year to move up, I'd be fine with them giving up a #2 as I believe they have 2 picks in the 2nd next year. In order, I want MHJ, Nabers, or Odunze, and I dont think you can go wrong with either. I wouldnt be mad if they stayed put and took the TE Bowers, but I think thats a reach at #9.

I think we all know Keenan wont stay healthy hence the reason even more so we need one of those 3 WR. But when healthy, the weapons they will have on offense will be next level imo. Yes like Bustin, Williams holds the ball too long, but from everything I have seen/read he is doing so looking to make a big play with his arm and not his feet. Everyone seems to believe with him, its easily correctable. But the Bears arent the greatest at developing QB's lol.

What do you say TCG Bear fans?

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Thread Info