Status
Not open for further replies.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I work for Gold Coast Orthopaedics: http://goldcoastorthopaedicsandrehabilitation.com/services.html

(Can you believe that long ass address?)

I do medical billing, records, patient/payment entry, surgery approvals, surgery scheduling and answer phones from time to time. Its not TOO bad. I work with my sister whose the "office manager". This was my college internship that turned into my job once I finished college. Its a good start either way.

tell me about,
i worked @ a dealership ( actually 2 ) for a total of 5 years, service dept....would i go back ? maybe, if everything was "right" but with the economy they have to be starving

i know how it is to feel like you are wasting your life and your capabilities
sitting in an office pushing papers

Yeah I just want a job as a porter or something low so I can work my way up to a technician. I'm in school for it so it would be nice to be in an environment based on what I want my actual career to be. I've been here for 4 years. They say that time moves faster as you get older but I think it just gets slower every year.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
after looking @ the map....... my first job was at the walgreens on the corner of Laramie and Diversey

i used to live on Cornelia 1 block west of Laramie

birdman,
i just turned 28 and trust me, time flies ! it was just april, then may and now the middle of july.
fml

summer is friggin over !

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Yeah I just want a job as a porter or something low so I can work my way up to a technician. I'm in school for it so it would be nice to be in an environment based on what I want my actual career to be. I've been here for 4 years. They say that time moves faster as you get older but I think it just gets slower every year.

Dude, I was a porter for 3 years. Shit sucks in summer. Shit sucks in winter and you get zero respect from people. Once I had to go to the owner of the dealerships office to unplunge his toilet THEN couldnt walk through the show room floor with the plunger. Being a porter sucks and and was probably my worst job.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
As much as I enjoyed being unemployed and having time off, I am glad that I have so much work to do. I usually quit for the day after 10 or so hours and I have two people working under me and there is still a lot to do.

On the bright side, working for a bakery will get me nice and fat... Maurice Lenell, Oreo, Nutter Butter and more... thousands and thousands of pounds each day... oh my!

:jg:

Dude, I was a porter for 3 years. Shit sucks in summer. Shit sucks in winter and you get zero respect from people. Once I had to go to the owner of the dealerships office to unplunge his toilet THEN couldnt walk through the show room floor with the plunger. Being a porter sucks and and was probably my worst job.

I'm not looking to make a career out of it though. I would just use it as an IN to becoming a technician whatever dealer I could get a job at. I figure it won't be too hard once I get a job to become a tech cause I have a decent amount of school experience and I know a lot of dealers will take in appre n t i c e s.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

i was hired as a porter but also worked as a service writer on Saturdays to help with the morning rush.... then i was bumped up to a writer for 1/2 the day on the 3-4 days i worked there.....still getting paid the shit porter pay

then due to a day of mass chaos, i was promoted to full time dispatcher
pay changed slightly, but still sucked, small commission from the tickets i wrote on saturdays which was a joke. recalls and oil changed dont = big commission

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I'm not looking to make a career out of it though. I would just use it as an IN to becoming a technician whatever dealer I could get a job at. I figure it won't be too hard once I get a job to become a tech cause I have a decent amount of school experience and I know a lot of dealers will take in appre n t i c e s.

There were so many kids that started at the dealership that wanted to be a mechanic and was going to school to become one. They thought their shit didnt stink they never lasted too long.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
just hope for a decent service mgr,
mine was an asshole. i felt bad for some of the techs, thought others were suck asses and the appr******s got alot of shit work.

plus its up to the svc mgr to move you up in your appr******ship / pay

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
i have 2 floors of ignorant females and a small amount ( due to labor strike ) of cry baby pre-madonna installers in the field.

i really hate being here...... nothing ceases to amaze me here..... i honestly dont know how they stay in business.

ass rape 1 or 2 jobs a year and then float by with others.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
lol, the word you're looking for is prima donna. not pre-madonna like before madonna.

thanks,
i am usually the proofreading grammar nerd, so i can appreciate the correction.

yes,
all of them,
they are catered to like royalty and all they do is piss and moan.

fuck those guys
FTGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info