Android Official Android Thread

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
so sprint 4g is apparently alive and kicking in elgin. i dunno why my upload is so shitty (its usually way higher), but my download is :eek3: this is on 2 bars. not even full. i also dont know why it chose an indiana server, haha.

5538776976_68eed856f0_z.jpg

What is the little shield up in the corner? And lucky you guys with good internets up there. I get a whopping 2.43 DL and .46UL

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
HTC confirms that the Evo will be getting gingerbread (for us unrooted folks) q2 of this year. rumor is sprint might even get it as early as tomorrow which means they need to go thru their own testing and add bloat to it and then release it. sprint is pretty good about cranking the updates out so maybe by beginning of summer? :x:

most of the apps i have have already updated themselves for gingerbread support. winning.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Mook why are u unrooted.....

havent really found a reason to root. my battery is fine...my phone runs smooth. i dont need to overclock and while it would be nice to get rid of bloat, its not bogging my phone down.

i originally had it rooted when it first came out and overclocked...but i never bothered to go further once froyo hit.

Thread Info