šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Phillips is the adopted son in the family and has helped make the Bears into a multi-billion dollar organization.

He will always have a place in the Bears organization until retirement.

But again, walking the halls, overseeing the financial area and completely out of football operations, would be a step in the right direction.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I guess what kills me is this game of suspense the organization plays...

You didn't want to fire him/them mid-season, despite all the venom in the city. Fine. Then why, as the final seconds of the game wound off, wasn't the announcement made? Why wait until the next morning? I actually checked in on the Les Grobstein show overnight to see if anything broke.

Just fire them already. This wasn't some super duper deep secret...

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
That's not a fair assessment. The City of Chicago and Soldier Field having "landmark status" was the issue, not Ted.

They won't have those issues in Arlington.

Instead of pairing up with Emanuel, he should have pulled the Bears out of the lake front.

From the two masterminds we ended up with a smaller, uglier stadium that offers limited capability. Emanuel believed this new stadium would host the Super Bowl, bring revenue to Chicago hotel and restaurant industry. Nope, didnā€™t happen.

In supporting the new design Ted spoke to the stadium offering ā€œa more intimate feel for the fansā€.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Instead of pairing up with Emanuel, he should have pulled the Bears out of the lake front.

From the two masterminds we ended up with a smaller, uglier stadium that offers limited capability. Emanuel believed this new stadium would host the Super Bowl, bring revenue to Chicago hotel and restaurant industry. Nope, didnā€™t happen.

In supporting the new design Ted spoke to the stadium offering ā€œa more intimate feel for the fansā€.

Just want to correct one point. Emanuel had nothing to do with the renovation. Mayor Daley was in office and was significantly involved in the negotiations.

Reactions: Maro

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I expected a better celebration in here to be honest. :bowrofl:
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I guess what kills me is this game of suspense the organization plays...

You didn't want to fire him/them mid-season, despite all the venom in the city. Fine. Then why, as the final seconds of the game wound off, wasn't the announcement made? Why wait until the next morning? I actually checked in on the Les Grobstein show overnight to see if anything broke.

Just fire them already. This wasn't some super duper deep secret...

I imagine its exit interviews and crossing t's and dotting i's to make sure everything is agreed upon....

The guys are gone, who cares if it was the day after the final game. :bowrofl:

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
With the firestorm we've had all year long, I guess it was expected right away. I had friends in the Detroit area, family in NYC area, and my Mom in Orlando asking me minutes after the game if he had been fired because they don't have the instant access to our sports media. Just national and there would be a slight delay before making it there.

So it wasn't as if I was the only one thinking it would happen right away.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Ray Charles saw this coming. You'd have already drafted up the termination papers, covered it off with legal, had any separation payments authorized and paid, and had the script written up to pull him off in to a private room and give it to him.

It is shocking the Bears are a multi-billionaire dollar organization. They cannot even manage personnel related communications to the media / public.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
With the firestorm we've had all year long, I guess it was expected right away. I had friends in the Detroit area, family in NYC area, and my Mom in Orlando asking me minutes after the game if he had been fired because they don't have the instant access to our sports media. Just national and there would be a slight delay before making it there.

So it wasn't as if I was the only one thinking it would happen right away.

All the teams waited until the day after their game didnt they?

I am sure every team knows theyre canning their guy, it's just usually the day after.

Just hope the team gets the new pieces right.

Im still just hoping the Raiders dont keep the interim guy for some reason.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
All the teams waited until the day after their game didnt they?

I am sure every team knows theyre canning their guy, it's just usually the day after.

Just hope the team gets the new pieces right.

Im still just hoping the Raiders dont keep the interim guy for some reason.
I think Denver let Vic go right away. Vikings I believe (not 100% sure) also waited until today.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
"Develops into" a WR1. He's a good WR2 now and has the potential to be more as he continues to grow into the job. Lamb is the same way. Cowboys don't use him enough yet but he has skillz and could also develop into a good WR1. Both Mooney and Lamb are just getting into their NFL careers. 3rd year is the year when WRs seem to "get" it and we find out how good they will be.

As mentioned, you are talking top WRs in the league rather than WRs that play the 1 spot. Mooney is already better than some of them.
I can assure you, at no time in his career will opposing defenses scheme their game plans with him in mind. He would be a perfect #2 to a game changing true
#1 receiver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info