šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I cant believe they submitted a bid, kinda agree with Shawn its probably just to mess with the mayor LOL. That metra station and parking is the real deal for that property though. Traffic would be horrendous, 53 gets jacked at rush hour, and they've been planning to update the 53/290/90 clover soon too.

God the exit to get onto 290/53 from eastbound 90 is god awful. Its legit 4 lanes to 1. We had to wait 20 minutes on a Saturday to get onto 290 from 90 EB. It needs to be updated regardless.

I'm sure any potential attempt would have proper access for both Euclid and NW Highway interchange improvements.

The roads all around will need to be updated for sure. Maybe even get..................................53 extended. :s00ls: It also helps Metra isnt far from there either.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
God the exit to get onto 290/53 from eastbound 90 is god awful. Its legit 4 lanes to 1. We had to wait 20 minutes on a Saturday to get onto 290 from 90 EB. It needs to be updated regardless.

The roads all around will need to be updated for sure. Maybe even get..................................53 extended. :s00ls: It also helps Metra isnt far from there either.

i avoid that interchange like the plague holy fuck

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I dont remember if they added exits to Roselle or anything east bound, but either way you would be almost better off getting off before that interchange and just take Higgins or Golf where ever you are going.

from the great white north it seems better to banzai 31 to 62 and get on at 62 if i have to go that way

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
from the great white north it seems better to banzai 31 to 62 and get on at 62 if i have to go that way

True that. I honestly dont mind the trip down 62. We were looking at houses in Algonquin and did 62 to Barrington to 90 to get back home. Used to do it every weekend back in HS.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Bears picked up better slot WRs this year but they're losing a lot giving up a 2nd round pick for what? A fifth or something? 4th or better would be OK. They were going to cut Miller so at least they got something.

Byrd ran a 4.28 40 and he is a proven talent. I think he can play the slot and take the top off opposing Ds. Plus the Bears have the rookie. forget his name. He has a broken collar bone or arm now. EDIT: Dazz Newsome. He was doing OK until he broke a bone. Will be back before the season.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Bears picked up better slot WRs this year but they're losing a lot giving up a 2nd round pick for what? A fifth or something? 4th or better would be OK. They were going to cut Miller so at least they got something.
You want to place a friendly wager of $250 or better. None of the Bears slot receivers will have a better season than Miller this upcoming season

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If Fields plays, that's a sucker bet. I'd suggest that Miller will have his worst year on the Texans without Watson. He may not even start.

Miller had 49 receptions for 485 yds and 2 TDs last year.

Byrd had 47 receptions for 604 and 1 TD on the Patriots with Cam Newton throwing to him.

I'm hoping Dalton is out by week 4-5 and Fields shines for the rest of the season.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If Fields plays, that's a sucker bet. I'd suggest that Miller will have his worst year on the Texans without Watson. He may not even start.

Miller had 49 receptions for 485 yds and 2 TDs last year.

Byrd had 47 receptions for 604 and 1 TD on the Patriots with Cam Newton throwing to him.

I'm hoping Dalton is out by week 4-5 and Fields shines for the rest of the season.
Wanna place that wager? Donā€™t talk about it, be about it

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Nothing personal with you, I just don't internet bet anymore because of non payment issues. Plus, there's a big difference between Dalton at QB and Fields so we'll have to wait and see who is throwing the ball to Byrd, Newsome or other slot guys. If Byrd is the slot WR and Fields plays, I think he'll have around 68 catches (4 per week) for around 800 yds. and 4-5 TDs. If there are multiple slot WRs, the numbers could be spread out between them.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
People are starting to notice how good Fields is. One of the reporters who was among the first to notice how good Mahomes was is saying similar things about Fields. I'm hearing a lot more encouraging reports than we did with Trubisky. Remember Matt Nagy? "We'll bring Mitch along slowly". Fields has accurate deep passes and mid range passes over the middle, for instance. Leadership. Football intelligence. I'm psyched so far. Imagine the next few years if the Bears have actually hit on a good franchise QB.

Training camp video:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
People are starting to notice how good Fields is. One of the reporters who was among the first to notice how good Mahomes was is saying similar things about Fields. I'm hearing a lot more encouraging reports than we did with Trubisky. Remember Matt Nagy? "We'll bring Mitch along slowly". Fields has accurate deep passes and mid range passes over the middle, for instance. Leadership. Football intelligence. I'm psyched so far. Imagine the next few years if the Bears have actually hit on a good franchise QB.

Training camp video:

We can all hope/dream that we hit on a franchise QB and I really hope we did. Still have my doubts, because its the Bears and Ohio St QB's come to the NFL and pretty much suck!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I really like Justin Field's throws. They arrive on a line, not an arc. He needs to grow into the NFL but he has the skillz.

My sources aren't allowed to talk about plays but it seems Nagy is opening up the offense a lot more with Fields and Dalton than he did with Trubisky/Foles. Great to see at such an early point in both guy's Bears careers.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
There's a pic out of Justin Fields, after practice, running hills at Halas Hall. Most of the players went back to the locker room and he ran up and down the hills 20-30 times. He's one of the first to show up at Halas each morning and he's working on conditioning. Dan Orlovsky's dissing of his work ethic seems to be a mistake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info