Oct 5, 2012
So....
:snooppalm:

Screenshot_20200705-120144_Chrome.jpg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 Blood on Blood Blood on Blood SleeperLS SleeperLS Marko Marko Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ

Figured I'd move this over from the bored thread.

From a purely football perspective, he was a great system player. He played REALLY well in Harbaugh's system, then when Harbaugh left, he had a Jim Tomsula (barf) then Chip Kelly (extra barf)...I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the correlation...Under Harbaugh W/L of 25-14 with a TD/Int ratio of 50/21 with a QBR average over the 3 years of 92.1, and the next two years W/L of 3-16 with TD/Int ratio 22/9 and a QBR over the next 2 years of 84.6.

I absolutely believe that he should've been able to go somewhere else, and he had MORE than enough talent to be at minimum a backup QB, and likely a decent starter for many teams. However, he's been out of the game for 4 years now. His "pro-day/try-out" was an absolute farce, as the NFL threw last minute curveballs at him (his camp would not be permitted to film the work out, and that was found out the day before or day of the event), so he chose to move it. I don't really know how that pro-day ended up going for him, and whether he looked decent or not (I don't honestly remember). But being out of game shape for that long is REALLY going to hinder your ability to step in and be able to contribute. Best case scenario, at this point, is trying to land in Baltimore, with Greg Roman, the former OC under Jim Harbaugh that's now the OC for the Ravens, and sit behind Lamar. If he shows enough in pre-season, Baltimore can use him as trade bait. RGIII is backing up Lamar now, so they may not want ANOTHER mobile QB in the room, but he does bring some great experience with that system, and some significant success with that system.

He "won" his lawsuit against the NFL for collusion (I believe they settled, but the NFL has enough money and clout to bleed him dry in court, regardless of guilt or innocence on their part). Obviously teams were turned off by his polarizing stance, and didn't want that. And there has been absolutely no credence to the "he's a locker room cancer" myth. No players have come out and said anything other than "he's on an island" after a loss. Hey, I get it, the dude gets frustrated after a loss, and doesn't want to engage, that doesn't make him a cancer.

But at this point, even with today's climate, I don't think he makes it onto an NFL team, and not because he didn't have the talent or his polarizing views, but because he's been out of the game for too long. I said that a year ago too.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 Blood on Blood Blood on Blood SleeperLS SleeperLS Marko Marko Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ

But at this point, even with today's climate, I don't think he makes it onto an NFL team, and not because he didn't have the talent or his polarizing views, but because he's been out of the game for too long. I said that a year ago too.
I think he is picked up this year simply because "its the popular thing to do" and for that reason only.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

From a purely football perspective, he was a great system player. He played REALLY well in Harbaugh's system, then when Harbaugh left, he had a Jim Tomsula (barf) then Chip Kelly (extra barf)...I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the correlation...Under Harbaugh W/L of 25-14 with a TD/Int ratio of 50/21 with a QBR average over the 3 years of 92.1, and the next two years W/L of 3-16 with TD/Int ratio 22/9 and a QBR over the next 2 years of 84.6.

I absolutely believe that he should've been able to go somewhere else, and he had MORE than enough talent to be at minimum a backup QB, and likely a decent starter for many teams. However, he's been out of the game for 4 years now. His "pro-day/try-out" was an absolute farce, as the NFL threw last minute curveballs at him (his camp would not be permitted to film the work out, and that was found out the day before or day of the event), so he chose to move it. I don't really know how that pro-day ended up going for him, and whether he looked decent or not (I don't honestly remember). But being out of game shape for that long is REALLY going to hinder your ability to step in and be able to contribute. Best case scenario, at this point, is trying to land in Baltimore, with Greg Roman, the former OC under Jim Harbaugh that's now the OC for the Ravens, and sit behind Lamar. If he shows enough in pre-season, Baltimore can use him as trade bait. RGIII is backing up Lamar now, so they may not want ANOTHER mobile QB in the room, but he does bring some great experience with that system, and some significant success with that system.

He "won" his lawsuit against the NFL for collusion (I believe they settled, but the NFL has enough money and clout to bleed him dry in court, regardless of guilt or innocence on their part). Obviously teams were turned off by his polarizing stance, and didn't want that. And there has been absolutely no credence to the "he's a locker room cancer" myth. No players have come out and said anything other than "he's on an island" after a loss. Hey, I get it, the dude gets frustrated after a loss, and doesn't want to engage, that doesn't make him a cancer.

What, I cant get a mention to add my 2 cents? :s00ls:

Yeah, he was good with Harbaugh, but also their Defense those years were unbelievable as well, and not a lot of people remember that.

I think a lot of his great plays came with his feet, and once defenses started being able to scheme for him and take away weapons that he was less effective. Their running attack when he was QB was ridiculously good as well, so him being able to use his legs was huge in his early success.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
What, I cant get a mention to add my 2 cents? :s00ls:

Yeah, he was good with Harbaugh, but also their Defense those years were unbelievable as well, and not a lot of people remember that.

I think a lot of his great plays came with his feet, and once defenses started being able to scheme for him and take away weapons that he was less effective. Their running attack when he was QB was ridiculously good as well, so him being able to use his legs was huge in his early success.

I didn't see you in the convo :rofl: ....

Yeah, Fangio as the DC with Willis, Brooks, Aldon Smith ( back in his good days....) Eric Reid...that defense was REALLY good

Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
It's only going to make KC worse...they aren't going to have the money to pay anyone, they'll HAVE to find talent through the draft, and likely won't be able to re-sign many players. I mean, good for Mahomes, but they'll suffer in the long term for it

That was one of the things I liked about Brady, was he restructured or took less money even though he is the GOAT to keep players around him in NE....

Paying that much money means you're going to lose people like Kelce, etc. to free agency.

Granted, Im a Raiders fan so I'm okay with it. :bowrofl:

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
That was one of the things I liked about Brady, was he restructured or took less money even though he is the GOAT to keep players around him in NE....

Paying that much money means you're going to lose people like Kelce, etc. to free agency.

Granted, Im a Raiders fan so I'm okay with it. :bowrofl:

This right here. Itā€™s about more than 1 player. Like you said, you wonā€™t be able to get huge talent with pay like this to 1 player. And even if you get a good squad for a year or 2, soon those players will want to be paid to. And then they will be traded.

The pats were/are a dynasty because of what players sacrificed. Especially Brady

Reactions: FESTER665
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info