• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Octane Boost

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
Unless you buy torco which is the only one i have heard of that might work. Its expensive and I don't know how much it actually works in reality.

There has to be a local station near you that sells 100. That's plenty for 18psi

I know the Shell in Schaumburg off 72 has some 100 at about 8 bucks a gallon, never seen it out towards Algonquin though. Last time at Byron I think it was 8 and some change a gallon for 104.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Thanks for your reply, but with the change of season, 18# of boost I'll stick with adding a little race gas, just cause it says 93 octane on the pump don't count on it. I'm not em bare assed at all, this is good info for all to know.

Do you have a wideband O2? If not might be a good thing to get and or do some data loging on the car.
I'd highly doubt your tune is that ragged edged to be worried but it could be I suppose. Who tuned the car?

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
Do you have a wideband O2? If not might be a good thing to get and or do some data loging on the car.
I'd highly doubt your tune is that ragged edged to be worried but it could be I suppose. Who tuned the car?

I do datalogging everytime down the track using live link, keep an eye on the knocks IAT's and she's not on the ragged edge but I am injecting so a little extra oct is not a bad thing in case of some type of injection fault on the meth, right now just working on building a good trans tune on that 5r55s have a bunch of different setups I'll test out this weekend.

I use my ProRacer software as far as track tuning. My plans are to use this trans as a test mule before sending it off to level 10 for an upgrade, anything breaks due to tweaking this trans, no big deal coming out in a couple months anyway. So Far So good on the trans tunes, I won't mess with the converter lock delays or torque reductions parameters till the rebuild, need a better pump and twice the pressure going further.

I'm a far way off from discovering the Secret Squirrl shit that nobody know's or are unwilling to tell about this Spanish Oak software of the 5R so just gonna figure it out myself.

Also considering the Vampire knock retard unit for a winter project and will be installing the boost safe to the Stage 3 meth system.

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
You sure you don't want that 5 gallon pail of C16? $50

I'm sure if you took it to Byron it would be gone pretty quick. I'm heading down with some serious ballers I'm sure they will be interested. Looks like they will be running in the Test n Tune lanes and have some reserved spaces. I'm gonna try and run a few laps with them, Get my ass kicked, and hop into the TCG lanes and get my ass kicked some more. All I know is at the CMC meet they didn't like that shit and had a guy at the back of the staging lanes making sure you didn't switch. Catch you and your out....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info