Not exactly 3800 but powrtuner related

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
My sisters 02 intrigue is throwing a secondary air injection system code, car has 200k on it, and don't really wanna dump any money into it. Just need to pass emissions, can the powrtuner flash this car? I would just be setting the code to no error reporting (whatever else needs to be done to keep the code from popping up)and that's it. Car passed all other tests fine.

Thanks
-Nick

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Good news is that I think only the California cars had the air injection system so you might be able to change the PCM 2A 49 State unit

Xtant12

Reaction score
Yeah I thought the Power Tuner was wide open for 3800's

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
i bet HP tuners can tune it. buying a license to tune it will be cheaper than fixing the air injection system.
diverter valves fail and allow water into the pump on these, causing the pump itself to fail. it's an expensive useless system to fix, that's for sure.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
i bet HP tuners can tune it. buying a license to tune it will be cheaper than fixing the air injection system.
diverter valves fail and allow water into the pump on these, causing the pump itself to fail. it's an expensive useless system to fix, that's for sure.

I just need HPTuners...

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Powrtuner should be able to tune it and it should already be unlocked thanks to their willingness to put themselves out of business just to spite everyone else.

Set it to no report. Make sure you check readiness before going back in. I believe they'll allow you one not ready code.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Powrtuner should be able to tune it and it should already be unlocked thanks to their willingness to put themselves out of business just to spite everyone else.

Set it to no report. Make sure you check readiness before going back in. I believe they'll allow you one not ready code.

Even though it's a 3.5? I don't wanna brick it lol..

I see in this doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AaDMeH0mKWL49iELrluOypX0YPp7k0TtcBQGYpmQAyM/pub

It supports 2001 3.5, but it's only certain osid's? Which confuses me.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
So I received a .bin with a osid from a 2001 intrigue with the 3.5, but wanna play it safe so I think I'm gonna get a PCM for a 2001-2002 intrigue and flash it, just INCASE it doesn't work.

Full write? Partial? 2001 or 2002 PCM?

Thoughts?

GTPpower

Reaction score
You should be able to read your file without bricking it. The write is the dangerous part. I would go read it and then see what happens. If the osid isn't there, you'll have to use a different file.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
You should be able to read your file without bricking it. The write is the dangerous part. I would go read it and then see what happens. If the osid isn't there, you'll have to use a different file.

Read it no problem, but can't open it. Is the powrtuner able to flash a file it can't open? Someone on facespace group said that was an option if I flashed the 2001 bin on the PCM and it didn't work that I should be able to flash the 2002. As long as it wasn't bricked.

Thinking the safe bet would be to get a 2001/2 PCM and flash that and keep the stock one. Which would be better to use to flash or would it not matter? And would I do a partial or full? Obviously id need to change the vin.

GTPpower

Reaction score
If you can't open the file, the osid isn't available. Usually. You can write a different file though. The pcm might like it, or it might not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom