Not exactly 3800 but powrtuner related

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
My sisters 02 intrigue is throwing a secondary air injection system code, car has 200k on it, and don't really wanna dump any money into it. Just need to pass emissions, can the powrtuner flash this car? I would just be setting the code to no error reporting (whatever else needs to be done to keep the code from popping up)and that's it. Car passed all other tests fine.

Thanks
-Nick

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Powrtuner should be able to tune it and it should already be unlocked thanks to their willingness to put themselves out of business just to spite everyone else.

Set it to no report. Make sure you check readiness before going back in. I believe they'll allow you one not ready code.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Powrtuner should be able to tune it and it should already be unlocked thanks to their willingness to put themselves out of business just to spite everyone else.

Set it to no report. Make sure you check readiness before going back in. I believe they'll allow you one not ready code.

Even though it's a 3.5? I don't wanna brick it lol..

I see in this doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AaDMeH0mKWL49iELrluOypX0YPp7k0TtcBQGYpmQAyM/pub

It supports 2001 3.5, but it's only certain osid's? Which confuses me.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
You should be able to read your file without bricking it. The write is the dangerous part. I would go read it and then see what happens. If the osid isn't there, you'll have to use a different file.

Read it no problem, but can't open it. Is the powrtuner able to flash a file it can't open? Someone on facespace group said that was an option if I flashed the 2001 bin on the PCM and it didn't work that I should be able to flash the 2002. As long as it wasn't bricked.

Thinking the safe bet would be to get a 2001/2 PCM and flash that and keep the stock one. Which would be better to use to flash or would it not matter? And would I do a partial or full? Obviously id need to change the vin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info