No longer a lurker

MarauderBC4E

Reaction score
After a year of lurking I decided to register. I do have motives though. I have been in touch with OBX and I have finally convinced them to change the flanges on their crown vic kits to a 4V flange for the Marauder. You guys are a pretty open minded. If the kit, headers to the tailpipes was offered $700 shipped would anyone here be interested? I have no financial incentives here and won't make a penny from this, just want to get an idea of interest. The kit would include headers with O2 bungs and egr port, an expansion resonator that looks like a spun cat but is just hollow pipe, X pipe and mufflers plus all hangers. All out of 306SS. Thoughts?

a_d_a_m

Mr. Kickass
Reaction score
Everything in that picture for $700?
Hell yeah.
As much as I'd love to give Stainless Works business (since they're local)...that's a hell of a discount.

Coreymm

Reaction score
I would be in for the whole system minus the headers. if they can sell a cat back system

bugsyc

Reaction score
OBX deal

Let me know if this happens...Everything shown for 700 and will fit the Marauder .I'm in..

Jon01

Muthafucka Jones
Reaction score
Welcome.
If I don't sell mine I'd be down at that price.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
Hello fellow Panther owner :wavey:

Hopefully they check into crownvic.net and take care of some of the issues the members there have been having on occasion while they're tweaking for the 4V crowd...

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
I can't remember specifics, but I remember hearing something about welds cracking, and there was one member that had a leak, something was wrong with one of the flanges iirc. I'll have to do a quick search if I get a chance and post links.

MarauderBC4E

Reaction score
I saw the one thread where the member had a leak. His block looked like it spent a year in salt water! Most of the threads I have seen have been fairly positive.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lawl.

It isn't free market enterprise when someone else does the R&D to have another company copy the exact dimensions down to the bends and welding and start producing the same header for half the price because they stole the design. That's called theft.

It seems LS1GTO took down all the OBX threads but there are pictures somewhere showing Kook's LTs next to OBX LTs and they are one and the same. Literally. Except the OBX have 3 or 4 pieces of piping welded together whereas the Kooks are all mandrel bent from the primary to the collector.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Reverse engineering is what china is good at. They're also great at using sub par steel to make exhaust that'll crack or rust through.

Kooks have a life time warranty too. Sure they cost a lot but in the end I'd rather buy 1 set and have them work then buy a set of cheap ones that'll probably not fit 100% and end up cracking anyways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom