• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

New Syclone

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I know that it's keeping with the original "formula", using a 6 with a blower on it, but GM has an amazing V8 readily available...

If I'm dumping that kind of coin, I want the motor from the God's under the hood. If they could get it shoehorned in the previous gen truck, I'm sure some enterprising aftermarket company could do it with this generation too...

Spectragod

Reaction score
I know that it's keeping with the original "formula", using a 6 with a blower on it, but GM has an amazing V8 readily available...

If I'm dumping that kind of coin, I want the motor from the God's under the hood. If they could get it shoehorned in the previous gen truck, I'm sure some enterprising aftermarket company could do it with this generation too...

I’m sure for an additional 17k they will put a v8 in it, just like Ford wants to do with the raptor

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Specialty Vehicle Engineering is the company that is making the new Yenko Camaro as well. The price is insane. But hey, If customers hand over their money, more power to them.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
:wackit:

Always loved the Syclones and Typhoons.

95SC

4 cams
Reaction score
it looks pretty decent but that's Raptor money

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Reaction score
I'd rather have them do a V8 truck up for me with the appearance package then handle the mechanicals in a different way. Looks good though.

Knowklew

Donating Member
Reaction score
The point is you can buy much higher performance for the money

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
I like it. I like the whole keeping the V6 with boost idea theme.

I just think it is a little too dressed up. Would like to see it with flat sides. One of the things I like most about the originals was yeah, they had skirts, but they were played a bit quiet too.

I love my sleepers. Less makeup, more go is my favorite recipe.

And yeah - that whole Raptor money thing. No contest.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
I never said I agree with their pricing structure. I just like the truck and like they are even doing something like this. If I wanted a performance truck I’d get a fireball Silverado or Callaway, something along those lines for that kind of money. Although I do like they did it with the small truck.

I wonder the weight difference between this and the raptor? Would it make up for some of the hp difference?

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
While I agree apples to oranges, this shouldn’t be in the raptor price range... a raptor is a 500+ hp full size... this a 400hp small truck? How?

Also every time I look up a raptor it says 450hp. Am I doing it wrong?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
OP with the lazy ass post.

Based on a 2019 GMC Canyon extended cab truck in rear- or all-wheel drive, the tuning package adds increases the truck’s 3.6-liter V6 from a stock 308 hp to 455 hp thanks to the addition of a supercharger and a custom stainless-steel cat-back exhaust system. To balance this monumental power, Specialty Vehicle Engineering has also upgraded the brakes with six-piston front calipers instead of four with black Syclone graphics, and the slotted front rotors are upsized from 12.2 inches to 13.6 to provide plenty of stopping power.
Handling is enhanced with a Sport Suspension Package that lowers the truck by two inches at the front and five inches at the rear and includes HD Traction Bars, HD Spring Bushings, Higher-Rated Front and Rear Performance Shock Absorbers, and a HD Rear Sway Bar. Other performance upgrades include 20-inch 5 spoke Alloy Wheels with red Syclone graphics on one spoke and performance tires

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom