New rubicon 4 door/zr2 colorado/raptor/loaded tacoma/ power wagon

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I'd have to go Raptor if money was no object. The Raptor is a perfect blend of it all in my opinion.

The problem is they are $69k IF you can get a dealer to agree to not mark them up (which is possible but difficult), but then, if you're financing, you're fucked. Loaded up F-150 non-Raptor you can get 0% for 60-72 months. Raptor does not qualify for any kind of nice financing either, so you end up paying interest on your monster purchase. Have to pay cash IMO.

Tough to drop $70k cash!
Not getting 0% is one thing, but on top of that, you're paying AT LEAST msrp on an F150 Raptor when all other F150's are available for 10k off msrp easily.
so if anyone spends any money on interest on a new car loan they are dumb?
Kinda...lol

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Not getting 0% is one thing, but on top of that, you're paying AT LEAST msrp on an F150 Raptor when all other F150's are available for 10k off msrp easily.

Thats the killer. I priced out a Raptor when I bought my Lariat two month's ago. Dealer was willing to give me the Raptor at sticker...which was only $4k more sticker price than my Lariat.

The difference out the door was insane after x-plan (no x-plan discount on Raptor), rebates, and 0% financing. I'd end up paying over $20k more in the long run for the Raptor...couldn't bring myself to do it. If I was rich I'd say fuck it and do it for sure.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Thats the killer. I priced out a Raptor when I bought my Lariat two month's ago. Dealer was willing to give me the Raptor at sticker...which was only $4k more sticker price than my Lariat.

The difference out the door was insane after x-plan (no x-plan discount on Raptor), rebates, and 0% financing. I'd end up paying over $20k more in the long run for the Raptor...couldn't bring myself to do it. If I was rich I'd say fuck it and do it for sure.

raptors going to be worth at LEAST 20k more when you go to get rid of it though. :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Eh, I wouldn't say that. Air suspension raises an additional 2" over the base Rams, standard LSD, Open country tires, front bumper gives a better approach angle. They are probably giving left over 2018's away.

i mean... z71/fx4 packages do all of that as well.

the things i posted actually have some offroad options/accreditation...

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Spending 60k on a half ton 1500 silverado/f150/ram is silly to me in itself.

especially for what 3/4 ton diesel trucks can be had at that price.

Same thing though...I asked about a loaded up F250 Diesel (because why the hell not) and its a shit load more expensive to get the same options. Comes down to if you want all the luxury/technology options.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
it's really not.

and the diesel f250 will actually be worth a good chunk in 6 years 100k miles.

Was $20k difference for me 2 months ago. Had to go to a loaded F250 Platinum. Sticker price after x-plan was ~$15k more, and rebates were about half of what they were on the F150.

Depreciation would def be a factor for some. I'm handing mine to my daughter when she starts driving in 6 years...so mine will be in the family for the long haul.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info