• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

New MT issue E55 Benz vs. New M5

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Reaction score
Anyone read the new motor trend for this month? They had a great article of the 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG, vs. the brand new re-disigned BMW M5. It was a very interesting read, but even with the 500 hp pumping out of the BMW, the E55 still had it by .2 tenths in the 1/4. Those are some amazing machines they make. Basically the benz's tq just whoops on the bmw. the stats were,
BMW: standing 1/4 = 12.6
BENZ: standing 1/4 = 12.4

I don't recall the trap speeds or all the info, but i know the bmw was lacking in tq, somewhere in the high 300's, while the benz had 516 if i recall. Looks like BMW takes the back seat again

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
:drool:

Its a shame that those cars are extremly expensive.

VHGTP

Reaction score
Originally posted by cacicgtp7@Nov 7 2004, 05:39 PM
Anyone read the new motor trend for this month? They had a great article of the 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG, vs. the brand new re-disigned BMW M5. It was a very interesting read, but even with the 500 hp pumping out of the BMW, the E55 still had it by .2 tenths in the 1/4. Those are some amazing machines they make. Basically the benz's tq just whoops on the bmw. the stats were,

I don't recall the trap speeds or all the info, but i know the bmw was lacking in tq, somewhere in the high 300's, while the benz had 516 if i recall. Looks like BMW takes the back seat again
[snapback]59464[/snapback]​
they didn't actually get their test equipment on the BMW... those 0-60 and ¼ mile times were "MT estimates" so you never know.... when they actually test it it could be a bit quicker. also i heard that those E55 AMG Benz's are like the easiest cars to get fast times.... there is so much electronic shit on those things you pretty much stomp the pedal and you are guaranteed low 12's almost every time.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Reaction score
Originally posted by VHGTP+Nov 7 2004, 07:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-cacicgtp7
@Nov 7 2004, 05:39 PM

[snapback]59464[/snapback]​
they didn't actually get their test equipment on the BMW... those 0-60 and ¼ mile times were "MT estimates" so you never know.... when they actually test it it could be a bit quicker. also i heard that those E55 AMG Benz's are like the easiest cars to get fast times.... there is so much electronic shit on those things you pretty much stomp the pedal and you are guaranteed low 12's almost every time.
[snapback]59475[/snapback]​
[/b]

Which is why it's a work of art and amazing. If i had the money i'd drop it on one. AMG makes each engine by hand, the tech. signs the engine when he's done making it. That's craftmanship for you, no assembly line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom