3800 New MT issue E55 Benz vs. New M5

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Anyone read the new motor trend for this month? They had a great article of the 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG, vs. the brand new re-disigned BMW M5. It was a very interesting read, but even with the 500 hp pumping out of the BMW, the E55 still had it by .2 tenths in the 1/4. Those are some amazing machines they make. Basically the benz's tq just whoops on the bmw. the stats were,
BMW: standing 1/4 = 12.6
BENZ: standing 1/4 = 12.4

I don't recall the trap speeds or all the info, but i know the bmw was lacking in tq, somewhere in the high 300's, while the benz had 516 if i recall. Looks like BMW takes the back seat again

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by cacicgtp7@Nov 7 2004, 05:39 PM
Anyone read the new motor trend for this month? They had a great article of the 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG, vs. the brand new re-disigned BMW M5. It was a very interesting read, but even with the 500 hp pumping out of the BMW, the E55 still had it by .2 tenths in the 1/4. Those are some amazing machines they make. Basically the benz's tq just whoops on the bmw. the stats were,

I don't recall the trap speeds or all the info, but i know the bmw was lacking in tq, somewhere in the high 300's, while the benz had 516 if i recall. Looks like BMW takes the back seat again
[snapback]59464[/snapback]​

they didn't actually get their test equipment on the BMW... those 0-60 and ¼ mile times were "MT estimates" so you never know.... when they actually test it it could be a bit quicker. also i heard that those E55 AMG Benz's are like the easiest cars to get fast times.... there is so much electronic shit on those things you pretty much stomp the pedal and you are guaranteed low 12's almost every time.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Originally posted by VHGTP+Nov 7 2004, 07:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-cacicgtp7
@Nov 7 2004, 05:39 PM

[snapback]59464[/snapback]​

they didn't actually get their test equipment on the BMW... those 0-60 and ¼ mile times were "MT estimates" so you never know.... when they actually test it it could be a bit quicker. also i heard that those E55 AMG Benz's are like the easiest cars to get fast times.... there is so much electronic shit on those things you pretty much stomp the pedal and you are guaranteed low 12's almost every time.
[snapback]59475[/snapback]​
[/b]

Which is why it's a work of art and amazing. If i had the money i'd drop it on one. AMG makes each engine by hand, the tech. signs the engine when he's done making it. That's craftmanship for you, no assembly line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• cacicgtp7
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list