New GT5 info

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
any NFS game has been golden with sound since underground 1 really. most wanted was amazing with the vette and a blower. they know how to do sounds for cars, no one has come close to them yet.

Agreed. You could easily tell a straight 6, 4 cylinder, boxer 4, v8, all that. They even got the Porsche V10s sounding pretty good too, tires screeching, trans shifting, BOVs, its all good. The BOVs in GT4 sounded like shit. It was like a faint hissing sound.

I think sound is very important for these games, almost as much as the detail in that Miura's wheel(btw that pic is sick, theres proably more poly's in that wheel then the entire line up of gt3 for ps1). But I mean, this is a game made in 2010, its supposed to be as realistic as they come. part of sports cars being fun is the sound they make, so they gotta do that right too. Gameplay is important, but none of it will feel right if the sounds take you out of the experience.

It'd be like watching a movie but everyone voices were slightly higher pitched. It's close, but you'd notice it instantly and it'd bother you for the entire movie.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
Agreed. You could easily tell a straight 6, 4 cylinder, boxer 4, v8, all that. They even got the Porsche V10s sounding pretty good too, tires screeching, trans shifting, BOVs, its all good. The BOVs in GT4 sounded like shit. It was like a faint hissing sound.

I think sound is very important for these games, almost as much as the detail in that Miura's wheel(btw that pic is sick, theres proably more poly's in that wheel then the entire line up of gt3 for ps1). But I mean, this is a game made in 2010, its supposed to be as realistic as they come. part of sports cars being fun is the sound they make, so they gotta do that right too. Gameplay is important, but none of it will feel right if the sounds take you out of the experience.

It'd be like watching a movie but everyone voices were slightly higher pitched. It's close, but you'd notice it instantly and it'd bother you for the entire movie.

one of the biggest problems i had with forza 3 was their complete lack of interior graphics. shit was brutally bad, to the point i wouldnt use in car views just cause of how bad it was. its small but i still hated they couldnt do something more with them

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
holy fuck :rofl:

To play Gran Turismo 5, you'll need at least 256 megabytes of space on your PlayStation 3 hard drive.

But for a "smooth" experience, producer Kazunori Yamauchi recommends a bit more space -- try 10 gigabytes!

Yamauchi said this over the weekend via Twitter in response to a follower who had said he was worried about storage requirements because his PS3 has only 50 gigabytes of storage space.

It's unclear what Yamauchi meant by "smooth" experience, or what exactly will go into that big install.

Regardless, given the lengthy wait, we don't imagine racing fans minding having to devote a large chunk of their hard drive to Gran Turismo 5.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
GT5 Damage Pics:

img_0204.jpg

img_0202.jpg

img_0203.jpg

img_0210.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
GTA 4 had better car damage. :rofl:

OT, but....

Guns of the Patriots is the first PS3 game that uses a full 50GB dual layer Blu-ray Disc[25] even with the use of file compression.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_gear_solid_4

Apparently there are a couple PS3 games using DL blu rays. So if GT is less then 50 gigs, I see it being only on one disk.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info