NEW Ford Explorer ST.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
This makes sense, I see plenty of explorers but I see a more STs than I thought I should.

I may see a few more explorers than the rest of you as they may be slightly more popular on the south side because the plant is close by and the workers buy their own product?

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
My sister just picked one up. I like most of it, the only thing I think is weird is the iPad like touch screen sticking out of the dash.
09A35AA3-F420-4EE9-A6BC-63679CEAE56E.jpeg

Reactions: BS ISF

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
My sister just picked one up. I like most of it, the only thing I think is weird is the iPad like touch screen sticking out of the dash.
View attachment 50235

Nice. The Explorer as a whole is off to a slow start but the ST is making up like 20-percent of sales. The screen is most ridiculous because Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are only compatible with landscape format, and the vertically oriented screen means those apps are locked in an aspect ratio/screen size likely smaller than the actual phone from which it’s projecting. It’s a problem with all of the vertical touchscreens compared with many widescreens that go full AC/AA. I believe the base ST comes with a normal screen.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Nice. The Explorer as a whole is off to a slow start but the ST is making up like 20-percent of sales. The screen is most ridiculous because Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are only compatible with landscape format, and the vertically oriented screen means those apps are locked in an aspect ratio/screen size likely smaller than the actual phone from which it’s projecting. It’s a problem with all of the vertical touchscreens compared with many widescreens that go full AC/AA. I believe the base ST comes with a normal screen.

I didn’t realize that. Thanks for sharing.
However Ford could have integrated it better into the dash instead of it looking like an iPad on a stand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info